Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to remove that warning screen from the navigation system? there has got to be a way to remove it so that you donlt have to wait for it to load and then hit enter...

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you do a search on the LX Forum for this you find a product the memeber JonW is developing for external MP3 and devices. His device will remove the nav screen if you are interested in the added functionality.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one more question on the NAV... the screen is way too bright at night... would appear to me that it should automatically dim a bit with headlights on at night so as not to be so bright and obnoxious... if you dim the NAV screen, it dims it during the daylight as well and then it is too dim.... know what I mean?

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is a detent in the interior light dimmer switch that is used for daytime driving with the lights on that makes the nav screen bright. At night turn the dimmer just past the detent for normal interior lighting (dimmer screen).

·
Registered
245 Posts
They should have made this thing a touch screen just to time consuming waiting for the warning screen and then have to enter the data by using turn button.... You can use the steering wheel control to enter data as well but have not used it enough yet to figure it all out. All this engineering on this car and it is a pain in the a$$ to enter data into the Nav.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, it is a bit of a pain, but I just came back from a 6-hour joy ride in the GA mountains and it was awesome having my little NAV-friend... even when (especially when) I was on a road at times that was so skinny and remote that I thought that perhaps it was someone's driveway! I never would have ventured out for such a great ride before the NAV! And the Charger did great on the trip... 120MP was my top speed and then I got chicken...

·
Registered
164 Posts
You can actually set the brightness on the screen. Go to the nav settings and scroll down to brightness and you'll then see daytime and nightime settings. You can set it from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
GotACharger said:
They should have made this thing a touch screen just to time consuming waiting for the warning screen and then have to enter the data by using turn button.... You can use the steering wheel control to enter data as well but have not used it enough yet to figure it all out. All this engineering on this car and it is a pain in the a$$ to enter data into the Nav.
I've used a TomTom in my truck for over a year now. Touch screen and all that. I'm a bit frustrated by the Nav system also. I kept trying to push letters on the screen when I wasn't thinking about it. The wheel spinner thing annoys the heck out of me compared to the ease of use of the TomTom :awkward: ...

Oh well, I'm starting to get used to it and whenever I'm on a long trip where I will definitely need to use it, my wife will be along and I'll let her struggle with the thing. I'm not sure how much extra getting a touch screen would have been, but I would have paid at least another $500 to not have to slowly hunt and peck every letter with the little twisty knob.

Love the other features of the system though, having all the CD/Radio controls on the wheel has been great and I'm getting pretty proficient at finding exactly what I want quickly with it. Haven't tried out all the MP3 functionality but will be playing with that soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts