Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a newer 07/08 navigation disc work on my 2006 car?

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
need to know! ASAP!!!!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I don't believe so. I'm pretty certain that there was a previous post with the same question ... lost or damaged CD and wanting to get a later revision ... the concensus was that it wouldn't work. You might check with the dealer to be certain. If anyone else knows better, chime in. It sounds like a fellow forum-mate needs some help.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I know they have updated discs with new streets available from the dealer. My bro in law has an 05 maggie. he copied my 06 disc and ran it just fine in his system, and he says the dealer sells them for 200+ with an updated disc each year.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can use an updated version, but may not be able to go back to the earlier version due to firmware (I haven't tried going back but thought I read this somewhere). As with all media, back up your original and keep the original in a safe place. Use the backup for regular use.

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it cause i "damaged" my original one. i never take it out but it doesnt read and the dealer says need to replace it. they tole me it only costs "$300 ".. i was like no way! do you guys know where i could get another original copy without paying that much money?
thanks alot to all who replied!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I haven't seen the other threads - I don't have NAV in my Charger, but I have it in my 07 MB E350 - I don't see why you wouldn't be able to update it with a new disc.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
YES you can use at least the 07 version. I'm running it now. It has improvements over the 06 version. (I have a 06 Daytona) I don't know if you can go back to the 06 version after installing 07 (nor do I know WHY you would). No problem at all. I assume the 08 version will work as well, although I believe the Nav unit is a touch screen in 08 so there might be to many differences between a 06/07 unit to be compatible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts