Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Try This!

My Nav has error message also an when I restart the engine it corrects otselt. To take out the disk there is a slot on the left side of the disk insert area, take a small object (tooth pic) and pry the tab to release the lock. Is your disk a copy like mine?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. No I have the original copy the dealer installed. I pushed that slot your talking about then I just pull down or does the disk pop out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've been getting the error message as well. I've tried cleaning the disk a couple times and it always comes back. I'm taking it back to the dealership for the 8th time now this year. :knockout:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Any news on this problem. I've got a bootlegged 07' disc and whenever the Nav/radio gets warmed up, I get the "disc error" message as well. Damn annoying because it sets the message/corrects itself, then sets it again and again. Won't do it in colder temps 'till the radio's warmed up (hot to touch), and will almost always do it if the car's been sitting in the sun with high outdoor ambient temps.
Freakin' annoying, and I'm expecting my dealer to claim it's the bootlegged disc. Putting in the OEM 06' disc isn't working either, the radio refuses to download. Claims it's not the latest version.:(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Any news on this problem. I've got a bootlegged 07' disc and whenever the Nav/radio gets warmed up, I get the "disc error" message as well. Damn annoying because it sets the message/corrects itself, then sets it again and again. Won't do it in colder temps 'till the radio's warmed up (hot to touch), and will almost always do it if the car's been sitting in the sun with high outdoor ambient temps.
Freakin' annoying, and I'm expecting my dealer to claim it's the bootlegged disc. Putting in the OEM 06' disc isn't working either, the radio refuses to download. Claims it's not the latest version.:(
A newer version disc does a firmware change and makes older discs obsolete. You might try doing a disc copy on your computer and try different media for your current version disc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am dealing with the error message now. First it started right after I got the car (June 2nd 2005), so the dealer put a new CD in it- but now even after a brand new 3rd CD it does it all the time. I have had it in 4 times to fix. but they just keep putting in a new CD. I think the service dept is just stringing me along untill my warrenty is up in 4oo miles and they wont replace the whole GPS! Any others fighting a GPS!?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My disk does the same thing every once in a while, but its becoming more often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.