Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently added a system to my charger and my nav system isnt worht the money on the sticker cause it cant intergrate with a sub system addon. as well as the boston speakers and amp does not work wit a another amp add on. plus if you put a system int the trunk it has so much insolation that you need a big sub i have put a 15inch solo baric and a 1200 watt jbl amp. i had two 8 inch solo barics to start with but they said they put it in the trunk and you could not even hear the bass at all. that includes inside and outside the car. i will put pic soon off the sub add on for right now i have the amp on 0 cause if i turn it up pass that, the boston speakers try to take the power away and compete against the sub and they will blow. but for right now my people said that the sub rattled the whole two buildings and it just gets better when i change the boston amp and speaks

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I hate to say this, but your posts make you seen very NEGATIVE about Chargers in General? Am I wrong? :cry:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah its not even like that i love the charger. i think the car is so awesome. my view on the sound system has nothing to do with the car. its just not cracked up to be. i mean for stock sound its just fine but to go and spend 2000 and a sub add on and that get in the way thats not cool.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
manofsteelCHARGER said:
i just recently added a system to my charger and my nav system isnt worht the money on the sticker cause it cant intergrate with a sub system addon. as well as the boston speakers and amp does not work wit a another amp add on. plus if you put a system int the trunk it has so much insolation that you need a big sub i have put a 15inch solo baric and a 1200 watt jbl amp. i had two 8 inch solo barics to start with but they said they put it in the trunk and you could not even hear the bass at all. that includes inside and outside the car. i will put pic soon off the sub add on for right now i have the amp on 0 cause if i turn it up pass that, the boston speakers try to take the power away and compete against the sub and they will blow. but for right now my people said that the sub rattled the whole two buildings and it just gets better when i change the boston amp and speaks
sux to be you!, but seriously, you should contact unique autosport in NY, they've done a ton of lx cars...I'm sure they have found a way around that problem.

p.s. it could be worse, GM cars have the dash harness integrated into the back of the stereo, costs an extra 100 to 200 bucks to change

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plus how can you reseach on how the insolation is going to affect your system on a new car! im not a system wezz thats why we take it to people that are. and since i am the first to put a system in the charger in my area these are things you have to put up with. and thats being the guinea pig for everyone else. i have also had to deal witht aht for my exhaust i was the first to put it in my area so i didnt know how it would sound.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The fact that you thought that 8 inch subs would sound good in the trunk of your charger shows you know nothing about custom installs! 8 inch subs are for compact and hatchback car! The guy that has done all the installs in my cars told me that he would be able to hook up my 2 12 inch L7's plus my mono 1500 watt Viper amp! He also found me an add on to make the nav work as a DVD player! Ill post pick of it done after I have it done witch should be in about 2 months!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hmmm, did I miss something? Where was the Boston Acoustics system in the Chargers listed as a competition sound system? Must've missed the memo on that one . . . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
manofsteelCHARGER said:
plus how can you reseach on how the insolation is going to affect your system on a new car! im not a system wezz thats why we take it to people that are. and since i am the first to put a system in the charger in my area these are things you have to put up with. and thats being the guinea pig for everyone else. i have also had to deal witht aht for my exhaust i was the first to put it in my area so i didnt know how it would sound.

maybe the first in the charger, however the fact that its stable mates the 300 and magnum would be identical, and have been out for a year..... so any shop that has those two figured out, has the charger figured out as well...

plus with 300C forums and LX forums... you can research online as well

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i never said that boston sound package was for competetion, all i stated was that it does not intergrate with a system addon. plus i know i can add the dvd player to the nav. i plan on it. i tested the 8 inch L7 solo barics because thats what i had in my 03 ram. so i got the 15 inch L7 solo baric and a 1200 watt JBL amp. plus i know thw 300 and the magnum are the same but who mad you the system guy. i am just gonna trash the boston and put all JBL speakers and amp and then out the tvs in this week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im just saying for people that are going to add on subs thats all for your info take it if you want if not go waste your money then. but my 15 rocks but they need to port the back where the rear speakers are.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
maneval69 said:
where is the sub for the Sound group II located?
Maneval69...The Sub is mounted in between the two rear speakers on the rear window deck. The sub is more on the right side ( passenger side). Took me a couple of days to find it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the subs in the sound package are in the front doors just like the new bose and infinity systems in all the new cars. they component speakers witha built in sub.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey before troll man gets all mad about that im so neggative in here i am just trying to info everyone who would like to upgrade in their sound what to look out for sorry that my main title sounds so neggative its just an attention grabber so you can check it out.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i have read on the lxforums that people have had a terrible problem with changing out amps amps and subs...but in my opinion (i have the sound package 2 upgrade) i love the system. sounds loud with enough thump for a 32 year old with 2 kids.

damn i am getting old - the thumping systems don't do it for me anymore. :eek:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
manofsteelCHARGER said:
the subs in the sound package are in the front doors just like the new bose and infinity systems in all the new cars. they component speakers witha built in sub.

I think you need to do some research on the sound system. I have had my R/T with all options except rear DVD and road and track pack since May 18th and have had plenty of time to locate almost everything on it.. The back of my R/T has three speakers and the one in the middle is a 8" sub. I think the stock system is just fine and it is well worth getting it so you do not have to put up with all the crap that you are.

·
Registered
831 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
I think you need to do some research on the sound system. I have had my R/T with all options except rear DVD and road and track pack since May 18th and have had plenty of time to locate almost everything on it.. The back of my R/T has three speakers and the one in the middle is a 8" sub. I think the stock system is just fine and it is well worth getting it so you do not have to put up with all the crap that you are.
i only have the 6 speaker stereo and it also sounds good. i was suprised the 1st time i drove it. better than my mom's clk. the stereo will be the last of my upgrades.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I went from a truck with 2-10's under the back seat to a truck with the bose system that has a 6" sub.... the bose system is enough for me 70% of the time... I built boxes to add subs... but thats as far as that got... just not as important to me now as it was when I was 20 or 21 years old.... (I am only 27 now... so don't think I am an old fart :))

Give me a stereo that has good range and quality sound, and I will take that over the sound of a trunk rattling any day....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts