Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search turned up nothing, so here's another request:

I want to activate Sirrius service and, in order to do so, I need to provide the SN from my head unit. I believe that the only way to get it is to remove the head unit and read the sticker and I'd really feel better with some guidance.

Does anyone have instructions (hopefully with photos) on the proper steps necessary to remove the unit and get this number?

My thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
no bro theres a esn that you should be able to get through the front of the unit using a key sequence. call the dealer bro they should walk you though it

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Call Sirius. They will tell you which buttons to press. I believe it is the power and info button. Ort you turn it off and then hold down info and preset 1. SOmething like that, but if you call Sirius they will tell you how. I know cuz I had to when I signed up for another year.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
If you have your owner's manual, it tells you there how to pull up your ESN.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
If you have your owner's manual, it tells you there how to pull up your ESN.
Now why would you read the owner's manual when you could be doing much more fun things... like.... DRIVE?!!?!?!?
hehe

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
In case anyone's interested, here's the scoop on retrieving the ESN:

Key in ignition with motor running or in accessory position
Power off the radio
press and hold the <SET> and the <LOAD/EJECT> buttons together for 3 seconds
The ESN will be displayed.
If you knew, what'ja ask US for?!?!?! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you knew, what'ja ask US for?!?!?! :laugh: :wink:
I just got the info from Sirrius and thought I'd share. Sheesh! You'd think someone would say thanks, or make me king, or procure me a woman, or serve me monkey brains or SOMETHING!!!!! Man, the things I do to get ahead! :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts