Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat I was going to a concert and I heard a ringing sound and it said I had a NAV MESSAGE. I dont know how to get to it and had to get on the road so I left it alone. Well, after about 5 minutes os using the NAV to find the venue a message came up saying something like DISC NOT FOUND or something like it. My buddy had to take the NAV disc out, blow on it and it worked fine. About 30 min later it happened again. I havent used the NAV since but I havent touched that disc at all as it was already in when I got the car.

Anyone....?

·
Registered
628 Posts
This happens to me a lot of times..but I'm using "that" Navigation CD ;-)

So, since it isn't a real one, and my home made one, I never worry about it.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
It just means your NAV system is trying to tell you something. Usually it's something that you have programmed, like a service interval or oil change interval. Nothing to worry about, just hit the NAV button when it tells you it has a message and it will pop up a window telling you what it needs to get off its chest.

As for the DISC reading error, that could happen following a cool humid evening, might even get worse with "OTHER" navigation CDs. :) (since they are DVD-Rs and not factory-printed units). Personally, I think our NAV systems are too sensitive to humidity and condensation on the NAV disc (since I can play CDs fine and the rear-DVD VES works fine in those climates as well). Either that or the NAV DVDs themselves are not well made (hard to read, etc.).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Having the same problem. I cleaned it with the **** Doctor but sill getting the error. Going to the dealership to see if they can fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts