Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i am planning on moving to japan not definite yet(military move) and will be wanting to import my SRT8 with stock nav system. does neone know if i can get maps for the nav of japan??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
maybe if u search in ebay, or contact a japanese dodge dealer if they can install his maps offered in the asian market

good luck in japan!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Should be able to. Like mentioned, you'd just have to get the Nav Disk for Japan, or the maps for Japan uploaded to your nav system

·
Registered
469 Posts
I couldn't do it for Europe, so I doubt you could do it for Japan (I didn't think they'd let you import a car that was less than 30 years old). I was told I'd need a whole new nave system, not just a disc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you can import a car less than 30 years old. they actually have lots of chargers heck a japanese friend of mine has a 95 suburban

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what ur saying is if i upgrade to the mygig then i dont have to worry? all the more reason for me to get it lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet what do the older nav systems go for? so this way i can recoup some cost just wondering

·
Registered
469 Posts
you can import a car less than 30 years old. they actually have lots of chargers heck a japanese friend of mine has a 95 suburban
Awesome! The laws must have changed since I was stationed at Misawa. Enjoy your Charger over there!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya ive been to Iwakuni b4 but its rare it just costs an arm and a leg but i JUST bought my car so im taking it lol

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Being military, you really aren't "importing" the car. We can get away with a few more things than most. You can only bring one vehicle with you, which is why a lot of military families end up buying a cheap "domestic" car in whatever country they live in.

·
Registered
469 Posts
When I PCS'd to Misawa, I was told I couldn't bring a vehicle unless it was 30+ years old (or it was prohibitively expensive, I don't remember).

It's different here in the UK, I was able to bring my Charger over at no cost (other than my nav disc being stolen). That's when I started calling around to find out if I could just put a European nav disc in. Everyone said no. Basically, the whole nav unit needs to be the European version for the European disc to work. I hope it's different in Japan.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
according to the JFTR( joint forces travel regulations) and DOD 4500.13r i believe it is its discretionary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts