Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I bought a leaky gallon of milk and that is stinking up my car. I am currently covering up the smell with some cheap ass car perfume (Mango flavored, smells very nice by the way). However, I can still very slightly smell the sour milk smell. This is reminding me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gives the car away after his valet has bad B.O. Anyway, any advice on how to get rid of this smell once and for all? I've vacuumed the thing. Am I going to have to shampoo the thing or is there an easier fix? If I do shampoo, should I do it a car wash or rent one of those things from the store? And yeah, next time I'll have them bag the milk!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ewwww... My wife spilled milk in a Explorer I had.. she cleaned it up "best" she could.. days later whatever soaked into the padding started to smell BAAAAD....

I besides a carpet cleaner, I used a product called nok-out that worked wonders.. http://www.nokout.com/

I guess is uses enzymes or something like that to not mask the order, rather get to the source.. I don't wish spilled milk on my worst enemy..lol.

Good luck getting it clean, I've give the nok-out a shot.

Johnny K

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Where did the leak hit? Have you tried scrubbing it out with anything at all or are you just covering the smell? A scrub with a good cleaner may help if you haven't tried that yet.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
at least summer is over and it wont marinate in the heat. try going to a carwash/detail and have the shampoo carpet its like 50-75$$ depending on where u go but to avoid milk smell i would pay

·
Registered
88 Posts
This will sound a bit strange but it works. Take a piece of white bread and place it in a tupperware container big enough to hold it.Then pour a bit of white vinegar over the bread so it's level with the thickness of the bread. Put it on your armrest overnight uncovered. The next day,the bread will become brown...the yeast in the bread and the vinegar cause a chemical reaction together and will absorb the milk smell. You need to do this a few times but the smell will go away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did this in my ram, to get out some nasty vomit stank. Take hot water wet down affected area. Liberally put down some baking soda and work it in. I used my hands with latex glove. let it sit for 5-10 min. suck it out with a shop vac. and repeat. Make sure you get enough water down to mix in the soda. If you dont have a shop vac go to one of those coin op. vacs thats what i did and it worked like a charm. If there's soda residue after it dries you can just brush it and vacuum it up. Worked for me.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Apparently I bought a leaky gallon of milk and that is stinking up my car. I am currently covering up the smell with some cheap ass car perfume (Mango flavored, smells very nice by the way). However, I can still very slightly smell the sour milk smell. This is reminding me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gives the car away after his valet has bad B.O. Anyway, any advice on how to get rid of this smell once and for all? I've vacuumed the thing. Am I going to have to shampoo the thing or is there an easier fix? If I do shampoo, should I do it a car wash or rent one of those things from the store? And yeah, next time I'll have them bag the milk!
Use fabreeze. It works.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
In one of my very 1st cars I forgot about a gallon of fresh squeezed
orange juice I bought and put in the rear floor area. A bunch of friends
piled in the car the same night and it got squished under the seats and
emptied out. A few days later a unbelievable stench started to take over
the car. I looked under the seats and it was like a rain forest under there.
That car was never the same... Hope your turns out better.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ditto on the hot water/Shop Vac method. It's the only way you'll be able to remove the source of the stink, which is what would obviously keep stinking the car up again. Lotsa hot water, followed by lotsa vacuuming, and a few times at that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
baking soda, febreeze. both work well. id dump the baking soda on the affected area, and let is sit over night, then vacuum it up. also leave a box unopened, to absorb the smell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts