Charger Forums banner

NASCAR charger ?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Inferno Charger 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep - there's a huge discussion going on about it over at AllPar. Could be based on the as of yet unseen LX coupe or on the disgusting C&D car (although the front end of the NASCAR Charger has an entirely different shape except for the air inlet shape).

#4 ·
A well-regarded insider posted to Allpar saying that that's the Charger, the C&D car is another Dodge (not the Charger), and that the real Charger would be similar to the '99 concept (the car pictured at the top of this page) but not exactly the same. He dropped a hint that it might be a two-door.

#6 ·
I LIKE this car. And this is the dumbed down nascar version? I can't wait to see what the real version looks like! The nose is what I envisioned the Charger would look like.

Regarding the two door, as I have mentioned before, the NHRA teams are rumored to be running the Charger when the Stratus is discontinued. The NHRA only allows production varients of two doors to run. So there would have to be a two door offered.

#8 ·
shelbyduster said:
Looking at the picture though, you are only getting an idea of what the nose is going to look like. What they have done, is they have grafted a new nose on onto an Intrepid Stock Car.
It looks similar to the Intrepid Stocker but if you look closely, the greenhouse does have a different shape, I don't totally see a 2 door coupe here though, it still has a 4 door sedan look to me ... Maybe some of the similarities are due to NASCAR's "Common Template" rules ...

Gregg

#9 ·
Well, due to the common templates, it is going to retain a look similar to the Taurus, the old Intrepid, and the Monte Carlo. You can see some of that influence in the nose. It shares similarities with the other cars.

However the green house changes in the car behind the door make me think this car is a two door. Or at least an RX-8 like 4 door. I just don't know how you would get an extra door out of that shape.

#10 ·
It sure looks like if the Nascar Charger bears any resemblence to the production Charger it might have the suicide doors. It would hide the door handles better and give the effect of only having 2 doors. Like "shelbyduster" mentioned it might be similar to the RX-8 in the way that it's doors are laid out. I definitely like the idea of suicide doors on the New Charger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.