Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm looking at the 2014 Charger RT 100th Anniversary and I'm very concerned about the leather with the overprint. I'm not sure that this will respond like real laether and will be more like a bonded leather that will wear prematurely. I don't want to get 3 years out of it and then have an issue and it not be covered under warranty. Or even worse find out that this was never tested to see how it holds up and have issues throughout my ownership. Has anyone had any issues yet? Does anyone know if overprinting has been used on lether before.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I only have 2500 miles on mine, but the leather feels and looks great.

Mike

Sent from my phone

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hi All
I'm looking at the 2014 Charger RT 100th Anniversary and I'm very concerned about the leather with the overprint. I'm not sure that this will respond like real laether and will be more like a bonded leather that will wear prematurely. I don't want to get 3 years out of it and then have an issue and it not be covered under warranty. Or even worse find out that this was never tested to see how it holds up and have issues throughout my ownership. Has anyone had any issues yet? Does anyone know if overprinting has been used on lether before.

Thanks for your help
There is nothing to be concerned about. This type of leather isn't anything like "bonded leather". It is true upholstery grade leather and the overprint is applied just like the underlying leather dye. This process has been used on high-end upholstery leather for decades.

It will last as long as the leather does.

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Hi All

Thanks for your help
You would definitely want to treat and protect the leather!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts