Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a dealership in the city that's selling an 2009 Torred Charger R/T R&T for 35K CND. It has the popular option, sun roof and the mygig without navi. I'm thinking about jumping on this deal but my question is, can I or what do I need, to change the mygig system to a mygig system with navi. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There's a dealership in the city that's selling an 2009 Tored Charger R/T R&T for 35K CND. It has the popular option, sun roof and the mygig without navi. I'm thinking about jumping on this deal but my question is, can I or what do I need, to change the mygig system to a mygig system with navi. Thanks
You need the RER model, with the "Nav" button on the face. The maps are already on the hard drive. It's plug -n- play.

- Mark

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So im guessing these are easy to sawp and are plug and play. But wow on the price. I may wait and see if they come down to like 800-1000 bucks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So im guessing these are easy to sawp and are plug and play. But wow on the price. I may wait and see if they come down to like 800-1000 bucks.
could always try selling yours to help feed the cost.

From the dealership they're about $2500, and on ebay they usually go for around $800. I say keep checking ebay for the low-speed RER units and you'll probably find out. Simply plug and play.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I would stick with an 09 model of the Mygig, it has more features than the older models. It would also be right for that car (09) and the best feature is with a factory support cable it will play and control an iPod thru the system rather than thru the aux input. That part in another $80-90 dollars, but well worth it if you have a butload of tunes on an iPod. If you watch ebay daily you will be able to get an 09 for between $650-$900 dollars and Mrcd1 is a good seller but when he list them he list's a buy it now price and they usually go in the first couple of hours if not day. Ebay searches to use are "Mygig" "My gig" "Dodge Navigation" as well as "Chrysler Navigation", after nearly 2 months of watching for an 09 unit I got one for $679. from a Canadian seller. Patience is the key here, and make sure it comes with a nav antenna.

Here are a list of RER part numbers, you want to look for a low speed unit with the last 3 numbers being 737Ax or 152Ax the Ax is the latest updated version of that model year, but any 737AA to AC will do fine.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/Mygig_parts.htm#PARTS

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well thanks a lot everyone very helpful info :)
Dodge has some crazy deals on the SRT8's now... I just ordered a brand new SRT8 for roughly the same amount of money... PM me if you want the dealership info... I ordered an 09 but they are giving me a 2010 for the same price!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Oh...a little bit off topic, but is it worth it for the power sunroof, and factory HID's?
That's a question I think you have to answer, I got a sunroof only because I wanted the car that I got from the dealer I got it from. I never open it or even vent it so it's not something I would buy or order. The HID's I can't comment on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts