Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually installed one of these? If so, how involved is it? It looks like a quick plug & play unit, however how difficult is it to gain access to the rear of the radio unit? I have the full factory service manuals, however just wanted to know if the chrome faceplate pops off, and then a few bolts for the radio, and you're done, or is it a big long-winded process of removing the entire dash in order to plug in the module?? I have a 2008 Charger SRT-8 with Option groups 1,2 & 3, and will soon be getting the rear entertainment system installed at the dealer.............

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
769 Posts
This is a great item only thing that I really didnt like........PRICE!!!!! Besides that, its really great product and very easy to use!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a great item only thing that I really didnt like........PRICE!!!!! Besides that, its really great product and very easy to use!
Just got it hooked up this past weekend and it works great; thanks to everyone who replied for the help; it was greatly appreciated.......:beerchug:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does it have on screen ipod controls for the RER with navigation 2008 Dodge Charger
I don't think that mine does, as I just ordered the base unit; when I contacted the company to ask questions, they said there is an optional wire harness ($25 I think) that will allow the use of cameras, video games, etc, so I'm sure you can probably utilize an IPOD; contact the vendor and ask if it can support what you are looking for; again, mine is just the base unit with no additional wire harnesses..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts