Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using DriWash for years now. I used it on my Grand National (it was black), my Grand Am (also black), my 300M, my 75 Beetle (classic car), and my Charger.

You don't need water to wash your car, and is shines real perty.
http://www.hoyous.com/albums_public/car_show/mediafiles/l19.jpg

I've been known to wash my car at lunch in the parking lot, after church while my wife is chatting, just about anywhere. I always keep it and rags in my trunk. It takes bugs of easily, good on break dust, and is great on the windows too.

I don't sell the stuff, have no affiliation with the company. My Chiropractor turned me on to it. He collects Vettes and it's all he'll use on them. Water never touches his Vettes.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Gonna have to get me some of that there stuff. Washed mine today for 1 1/2 hours...30 minutes on the body and 1 hour on the front end...bugs were just baked on the nose.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bstowers said:
That stuff sounds scary.

Hmmm, if I used that stuff instead of taking a shower, would I keep my deep luster all week long?
All I know is I love the stuff. Been using it since 1992. on the car too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
you know what you SHOULDNT buy?

that mr clean autodry car wash. **** broke in its second use. im gonna buy a new filter for it and give it one last chance but, seriously, weaksauce.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Takes about 2 ounces per car wash. You use it sparingly. It spays on from a hand pump (enviroment firendly) aerosol bottle. Wipe off the dirt, it hazes over quickly, buff it off.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
good info i am going to have to pick some of this stuff up! bstower how is the clear bra coming along?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bstowers said:
You can find several places selling it on line via Google, but looking at the marketing method of the company behind, I don't think you'll find it in many of your local stores.

That is correct sir!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey a14umbra,

I live in New England and cars get REALLY dirty here in the winter. Are you suggesting this stuff will clean off that kind of dirt/salt/mung without scratching the paint? Hard to beleive!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Never used it on cars, just airplanes. It's great for removeing the bugs. Heavy dirt/salt/mung should be washed with soap and water. Keep it maintained with DriWash.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah, i watched their promotional video. it seems more like a spot/shine solution. i couldnt see that replacing the traditional wash because of thick dirt/mudd and grime. but it sure would be good to have to give your car a quick shine when its slow at work or on break.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I would compare this to a quick detail spray.... for use between washes... but would be scared to clean my vehicles with this....

How does it work on mud covered trucks? just spray on and buff off? :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
that mr clean autodry car wash. **** broke in its second use. im gonna buy a new filter for it and give it one last chance but, seriously, weaksauce.

Mr Clean sucks....it left spots all over my baby...waste of money.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
darkrebel said:
yeah, i watched their promotional video. it seems more like a spot/shine solution. i couldnt see that replacing the traditional wash because of thick dirt/mudd and grime. but it sure would be good to have to give your car a quick shine when its slow at work or on break.
I've used it to wash my cars, not just spot/shine, for 13 years now. It does an excellent job with road salt on the paint, but I still powerwash that stuff off periodically to protect the car (I'm not stupid :wink: ).

If you have gobs of mud hanging off your car, use common sense. But, I rarely use water on my cars.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sell it. I just wanted you to have the facts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts