Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I wanted to share my experience today so that you might have an easier time than I did getting a couple key TSB's done at the "dealer".

Tip #1:
Write down all the items you want done, including all TSB and RR #'s you can find. Specify the actual TSB# PRIOR to them printing out your ticket. I told them I wanted "the shift hesitation TSB" done, and when I picked it up 8-hours later they said "all done"....I test drove it, and they hadn't updated it....so I took it back and asked if they updated it (they said the shift hesitation was normal, but of course no one told me when I picked up the car) So, I requested them to actually LOOK UP the TSB. They found it, we "discussed" it, and they got it done (of course, I had to wait for it....but at least I didn't have to reschedule it, which almost happened)

Tip #2:
If you paid for an extended warranty, take advantage of the free rental car (for warranty repairs). I'm a dope and didn't realize I had this in my plan, but the service manager explained that I get it a no charge......so I took advantage of it and got to wait at home instead of sitting in the "lounge" for 8 hours.

Tip #3:
Don't forget to specify "don't wash my car" if you're picky about the shiny black finish of your car......I forgot, and when I got there it was already drying (and picking up all kinds of nice streaks and water spots...I pray I don't find scratches).

Tip #4:
Always do a walk-around and inspect everything they could have touched. I had them also do the coolant-gunk issue (so they replaced the reservoir tank and did the flush and fill) and I made sure to inspect the NEW coolant tank and fluid, and look for streaks or leaks in the engine compartment. I also inspected the outside of the car for scratches and dents (thank goodness, none found...but lots of water streaks)

Tip #5:
Be polite and courteous. You get more flies with honey etc.... I was a wee miffed that they messed up a couple things, but I know that they don't understand our cars like we do.....and they will respond to a polite request to "please look up this TSB # even though you don't think it applies" (even though I was thinking inside "don't you friggen know about these things?!!".

Anyway, so....after 8 hours and taking a vacation day from work, I got an oil change, a TCM TSB, and a coolant-gunk TSB/RR done. (and a free rental car).

Hope this helps someone.....
-Puro

P.S. Now I can put my Diablo on...muahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you Mr. Anal. Now please have a seat. j/k. Good advise. And I always request they don't wash my vehicle. Some scrubby making buck-fifty an hour will never wash mine the way I will!

·
Registered
230 Posts
any tsb lists for the v6 ers? just wondering

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
any tsb lists for the v6 ers? just wondering
X2 I was curious about the shift hesitation, does it affect us? Where can I find all of these? I know of TSB's for our A/C and trunk rub, but that's all I know off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I don't worry about the wash cause if they do, it's free. I'm not paying for it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My dealership has hard water. They'll wash your car, but they won't dry it; Which will lead to hard water water stains. I'll let them wash my car (they have a no-touch washing system), provided I am there and I have some towels in the car to immediately dry it.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
If you paid for an extended warranty, take advantage of the free rental car (for warranty repairs). I'm a dope and didn't realize I had this in my plan, but the service manager explained that I get it a no charge......so I took advantage of it and got to wait at home instead of sitting in the "lounge" for 8 hours.

Great advice. Thanks. I also found out that if you have the extended warranty that includes free oil changes and tire rotations they will give you a free rental for four hours when getting your planned maintenance done as well. Who knew?

-=FLEX=-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.