Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track last Friday night and here is what I ran. I feel like this is pretty slow so if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve please let me know. My car is a 13 srt8 charger with CAI and straight pipe exhaust. Still running the factory **** tires and it has about 7k miles on it. Bought brand new and ran a 12.7 in missippi the next day with 400 on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Get some drag slicks to help it hook up or drag radials if you have a very welll prepped track. The 12.7 I think is a good time for your car:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Get some drag slicks to help it hook up or drag radials if you have a very welll prepped track. The 12.7 I think is a good time for your car:)

Well 12.7 stock vs 13.0 with some mods is a bad a run.

But op you would have let us the da of both those days. Nothing looks troubling on your run. However I have ran 12.5 stock one night and also 13.3 on 90 plus degree heat in the summer.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Looking at the timeslip his 60' time indicates traction issues and that will kill et's. Knock that 60 to a 1.85 and he is back at a 12.7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much would dr help time wise? I'm looking for some right now. Any idea on which ones to get that will fit in my stock 20inch srt8 wheels. Also how wide can I fit on the stock wheel? My fastest time was a 12.8 last night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I would say if you can hook you should be a 12.6-12.7 consistently depending on the weather. I use to run Nitto 275's on a 20" rim that was the same width as your rims. I think this is the biggest that is available in the 20" size but I would have to look it up.
The DR's were great on the street but I could not get them to stick consistently at the track so I now run 28x17x10 slicks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran in Dec at Island Dragway. Started at 14.8 @ 102 (lotsa wheelspin) and after 10 runs got down to a 13.497 @ 105 mph. Lost to an SRT8 Jeep who ran 11.93. He had nice tail lights :)

My car is a stock 2013 RT....for now

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I ran in Dec at Island Dragway. Started at 14.8 @ 102 (lotsa wheelspin) and after 10 runs got down to a 13.497 @ 105 mph. Lost to an SRT8 Jeep who ran 11.93. He had nice tail lights :)

My car is a stock 2013 RT....for now
LOL!! I know those tail lights....they are nice. Positive note is he was modded up with a cam.

Are you looking into drag radials yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure. I saw a couple of guys putting blue paint tape on their rear fenders so they can run slicks. Seems like a time waste when I can run on streets and get more runs in. Though they will likely knock .5 seconds off my time. Of course those guys were running 11's.

I want to see what the scat pack offers. There looks to be some good options there, depending on the pricing

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nice run at 13.4 in a stock 2013 RT. That is what I have but haven't gotten to Englishtown yet. Ive got a cat back and intake as well but they aren't really makin the car faster.

I've seen some 2011+ Rt's run as good at 13.2 stock here in NJ. I still think it might be possible to get a lightly modded (intake, tune, exhaust, tires) RT to 12.99999999 with optimal conditions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran at E-town in June but the car was new and it was way hot and humid. ran 14.4 at 98.
Island seems a better experience. Street cars at E-town have leprosy.
I think the cai and cat back should be worth a couple of .10ths

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeah it all depends on the conditions. Some people swear by E-Town's track prep over Island but others love Island.

This is a long standing rumor that Island is slightly downhill lol.

I will have to look to see when E-town opens again in the spring and maybe make some runs. I just got an intune as well so by then I will be intake, exhaust, tune and summer tires. I was hoping to run a 13.2-13.4 actually so it looks like that should be possible

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
12s are nice on stock tires! Get a pair of slicks. I agree your 60' is the issue. Be sure to shut traction control off and play with launch Rpms and tire pressure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah it all depends on the conditions. Some people swear by E-Town's track prep over Island but others love Island.

This is a long standing rumor that Island is slightly downhill lol.

I will have to look to see when E-town opens again in the spring and maybe make some runs. I just got an intune as well so by then I will be intake, exhaust, tune and summer tires. I was hoping to run a 13.2-13.4 actually so it looks like that should be possible
Never mind E-town. ATCO opens Feb 22nd!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I just mapped it and Island is 26 miles ~ 45 min and E-Town is 32 miles ~45 min from where I live. I have always gone to E-town because I thought it was closer.

I guess Island is an option for me too. ATCO is 75 miles or 1.5 hours too far for me too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts