Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right I forgot the name of the Acura it was the sporty one I believe it was the LS I looked it up right after the race and found that it does 0 - 60 in about 6.3 and the 1/4 mile at about 14.8 ish.

I was stopped at a light, he pulls next to me on my right. I cracked my passenger window so i could hear his engine.
The light turned green we both pull off a little faster than normal until we both realized It was on! I started to pull away from him through first, he was at my rear 1/4 pannel then i hear his front tires chirp 2nd gear he hung around a little bit then he dropped another car behind then we both let off.
It was not a slow car by any means and I tried to give him a thumbs up but he just grinned and ignored me.

My car is stock except for Royal Purple oil and a K an N drop in filter. I also have a big child seat and about 40 extra lbs of junk in the trunk.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had a guy in a Solstice do the same thing. He knew he wouldn't win, I guess he was just bored.

·
Registered
453 Posts
u better watch out, the GXP solstice would give u a run and its hard to tell if they are GXP

I'm not sure what kind he had....but had a good view of my tail for a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Similar story, I was coming back from the Michigan Eastern Michigan game on the Ohio Turnpike. There were two lanes of construction traffic with barriers on both sides. I was in the right lane behind 4 semis. A guy drove up in a gxp grand prix with a full exhaust and neutral revved his engine. It sounded very nice. I got out of the traffic, with my 2007 steel blue metallic with full flowmaster and k and n intake. He pulled to the right lane, I evened up and we hammered it. After about 10 seconds, my wife woke up and asked how fast we were going. I said 140 or so, and the guy was about 300 yards behind me. I had another gear to go as well. I haven't found a rev limiter yet... I saw him give me a thumbs up through his sunroof as I left him in the dust.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
An LS Acura Integra thats basically the slowest integra produced, I think stock they puch about 120-130 HP. Thats if there hasn't been an engine swap, let us know when you take on a GSR or Type R Integra.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
A kill is a kill but I wouldn't be boasting about that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
But if it was an Acura TL then that is a few steps above an Integra. The sad part is, most of the Integra guys and their Honda counterparts think that a fart pipe makes them faster than anything on the road. I waved one off one day so he decided to pick on the corvette z06 that was ahead of us. That guy wouldn't race him either and unfortunately me and this tool in the acura were eating at the same restaurant. He came over to say it was good that I didn't race him because he "beat the hell out of that z06." It does some of those guys some good to be taken down a notch or two every now and then by anything.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
he really claimed to have beat a z06? ida asked him what kinda awesome drugs he was smoking and where i could get em.

what a tool.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
:grin:
But if it was an Acura TL then that is a few steps above an Integra. The sad part is, most of the Integra guys and their Honda counterparts think that a fart pipe makes them faster than anything on the road. I waved one off one day so he decided to pick on the corvette z06 that was ahead of us. That guy wouldn't race him either and unfortunately me and this tool in the acura were eating at the same restaurant. He came over to say it was good that I didn't race him because he "beat the hell out of that z06." It does some of those guys some good to be taken down a notch or two every now and then by anything.
Hey, hey, hey, I am a former import guy and would still buy one as well. Why do people under estimate the 4bangers, of course there are wanna be Honda/Acura racers that just throw an intake or exhaust and think they can beat any car on the road. It seems like there are some members on this forum as well that have never modded car, go out and buy a Charger do the same thing. It's very possible for a Honda to smoke a corvette, I was in my friends Honda Civic Hatchback with a Dual Over Head Vtech motor turbocharged that was running crappy that night and he won one race and lost the other. I am pretty sure it wasnt a Z06 and this was like 2 years ago so it wasn't the new corvette model but it sure wasn't an old one. I know what Honda's are capable so please don't under estimate them just because you have a 340hp V8 charger you might just get your @$$ handed to you one of these days. I am pretty sure that nobody would ever admit it here though if it were to happen.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Hey, hey, hey, I am a former import guy and would still buy one as well. Why do people under estimate the 4bangers, of course there are wanna be Honda/Acura racers that just throw an intake or exhaust and think they can beat any car on the road. It seems like there are some members on this forum as well that have never modded car, go out and buy a Charger do the same thing. It's very possible for a Honda to smoke a corvette, I was in my friends Honda Civic Hatchback with a Dual Over Head Vtech motor turbocharged that was running crappy that night and he won one race and lost the other. I am pretty sure it wasnt a Z06 and this was like 2 years ago so it wasn't the new corvette model but it sure wasn't an old one. I know what Honda's are capable so please don't under estimate them just because you have a 340hp V8 charger you might just get your @$$ handed to you one of these days. I am pretty sure that nobody would ever admit it here though if it were to happen.
Oh boy. Here we go...:knockout:

·
Registered
338 Posts

Hey, hey, hey, I am a former import guy and would still buy one as well.
I'm a former import guy as well. I drove a turbo eclipse through my first few years of college that I spent lots of time modding. The problem is there are lots of imports (regardless of brand) that think mods are a really annoying exhaust and that somehow gets you eleventy billion more horsepower than the ground shaking 93 you started with. All it takes is money to outrun anything. I have no doubt that a Honda you sink craploads of money in to might outrun our cars, or a vette. But your average fart piped car will not. In my experience I've seen a handful of imports that were modded enough to outrun something, the rest of them are just fart piped kids that think loud = fast.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I agree that if it was an integra LS it is one thing but if you missed a letter and it was a TL-S, they have some serious [email protected] and good kill, well good kill either way but you know what I mean.

I too am a former import driver (i still have a bone stock 04 Civic daily driver) but I had a "racecar" when I was 18. I got dyno'd at 271 at the front wheels and snapped an axle every time I tried to run it at the track, but there was a lot more I could have done. I had a good old b18 engine with a Greddy T3/T4 turbo to start off. But at the same time I would never do it again, I love my Charger and need a bigger car with more real power.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Agreed. A kill is a kill, and I too come from owning several hondas. Both modded and stock and have lots of respect for all 4-bangers that can produce some serious hp with some upgrades.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts