Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having the code PO128 coming on three times so far after the outside temp drops below 38*:sad: . I had to remove my 180* thermostat for the winter and reinstall the stock one. Anybody else run in to this with the cold weather coming? God I hate winter!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I HATE WINTER ALSO! :fuming: thats why a live in south fla :biggrin: it's sunday morning right now and it's 81 degree's:rockon: i'm going to wash my baby in shorts right now so i dont have to worry about the t-stat problem's and throwing codes and at 12 noon today the girl's at crabie jack's will be washing cars for toy's for tot's in their G STRING'S :rockon: so have a nice day freezing your butt off:wave:

·
Registered
859 Posts
I've had that problem with the 170* stat, but since swapping in a 180*, no problems here....yet

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
so have a nice day freezing your butt off:wave:
Have a nice day picking those acidic bugs off your car's nose. And be sure to take photos of those cool bugs and lizards that get inside your cars every so often. :wave:

Different strokes...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I just put mine away for the winter...even though it's not winter yet..... but I was running my stock T-Stat at 32F with no codes.....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Have a nice day picking those acidic bugs off your car's nose. And be sure to take photos of those cool bugs and lizards that get inside your cars every so often. :wave:

Different strokes...
LIZARD'S eat bug's! and i have a couple as pets that lick the bugs off the front of my car :biggrin: the bugs arent bad if you dont roll on the high way and we have off shore breeze's this time of year so it's perfect surf weather and the bugs get blown out west by scott [1fst4dr]:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
i had the exact same problem pretty much sucked...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Try and let the car warm up a little before leaving and drive hard at first. The car will warm up much quicker and you shouldn't get the code. The only time I've seen it is when I started it up on a cold morning and took off right away. Hit the highway and the car never had a chance to warm up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try and let the car warm up a little before leaving and drive hard at first. The car will warm up much quicker and you shouldn't get the code. The only time I've seen it is when I started it up on a cold morning and took off right away. Hit the highway and the car never had a chance to warm up.
Tried that but I guess my SRT8 doesn't like winter anymore than me:( . Sound&security, you suck but I want pictures of the girls in G-strings to give me a Warm & fussy feeling!:grin:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The girls in g-strings sound great but other than that, you couldn't pay me to live in Florida. Sorry, but I've been there many times and I'll take the good ol' Rocky Mountains and our quality of life any time!

Oh, and I am running a 180 degree thermostat and so far no problems. It hasn't got really cold yet though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I HATE WINTER ALSO! :fuming: thats why a live in south fla :biggrin: it's sunday morning right now and it's 81 degree's:rockon: i'm going to wash my baby in shorts right now so i dont have to worry about the t-stat problem's and throwing codes and at 12 noon today the girl's at crabie jack's will be washing cars for toy's for tot's in their G STRING'S :rockon: so have a nice day freezing your butt off:wave:
oh there better be pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
why did you change the t-stat back to stock???? I got the error code also and just pulled the 11 fuse to clear things up and now all is good. no problems with engine lights or codes and the Bee is running great.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My baby went into hibernation on Saturday for the winter… :cry:
Heres to hoping she gets wake up and come out and play in early April!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Get it frequently on my R/T, with 176° tstat. I wish I knew EXACTLY what triggers it. That is, how often and to what temperature, after how long, must be reached to avoid a code. I think it's 180°, but I almost never hit that right away these mornings. That thermostat does what it's supposed to: keep it right around 176°, especially until the engine oil gets good and warmed up too.
Then it stop-and-go, I can much more easily hit 180°+.

It's NOT every time I drive. So, there's some number of times this must occur before the code is triggered. Then, I just use the Predator to read and clear the codes and I'm good. At least then I'm confirming what the code was, and I always watch my coolant temp, and know it's just my replacement tstat and not something else (like a clogged coolant system or something).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why did you change the t-stat back to stock???? I got the error code also and just pulled the 11 fuse to clear things up and now all is good. no problems with engine lights or codes and the Bee is running great.
I've done this three times, everytime it's 38* or less outside. Just tried of screwing with it for the winter.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Try one of us "winter lover's" tricks. Try cutting a piece of cardboard a little smaller than the front of the radiator and slide it down in front of it. This will block some to the airflow and let it heat up faster. Easy to remove/reinstall when necessary.
Enjoy the snow (when you get it)! We got 3" today!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey winter haters...lol I have a question..??

I too live in NE Ohio...winter I like but cannot drive car so that is one drawback...now to my question...I am putting it away also is there anything I need to know about storing it as far as how often to start it or so?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts