Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I have to say thanks to zoomzoom1 for taking me to the SRT Track Experience at VIR yesterday (7/15).

I can't believe that they actually let me do those kind of things in those cars. That was AMAZING!!!!

I highly recommend the experience to anyone and everyone...if you ever get a chance to do it...DO IT!!!

Now, not only did zoomzoom1 take me along, but he also brought another "friend" as well. We'll call her "Lucy"....to protect the innocent. :D

Throughout the day, we did 4 different events...an autocross (in a Caliber and Cherokee), a Challenger Challenger (guess which car..), a "drag" race challeng (in 300s, Challengers, Chargers, and Cherokees), and finally the laps around the 3.27 mile road course (the full course) in Chargers, Challengers and 300s.

Our group, Team Hammer, started the day off at the Challenger Challenge. The idea was to drive the Challenger around a portion of the autocross track, staying in the track and not hitting any cones, and stopping back in the "box" where you started. At the same time, another driver in another Challenger was doing the same thing on the other side of the track. You also had to stop in their "box" for a split second before continuing on. The driver who finished first...and with the fewest hit cones...won. We did 4 rounds of this. For the first round, zoomzoom1 and his friend Lucy were up against each other. He was brimming with confidence. After all, he'd done this before...and how could he lose to a girl :D (a running joke throughout the day). At the end of the race...after the dust settled...the winner was clear. Lucy had SPANKED zoomzoom1. She didn't just beat him...she SPANKED him.

And that was pretty much how the day went....Lucy kept handing zoomzoom1 his you-know-what.

In the drag racing event, Lucy was undefeated up until the last race, when you lost to the one guy who did go undefeated. She wound up 3rd overall and zoomzoom1 finished 2nd. How that happened was a fluke because as you won races, you got points. The thing is, the earlier races were worth fewer points, so zoomzoom1 lost his earlier races and Lucy kicked butt all the way until the last race, since zoomzoom1 won his last couple of races, the points he won jumped him over Lucy in the standings. But I need to point out that in the practice run, Lucy and zoomzoom1 went head-to-head. Lucy redlighted, so zoomzoom1 got the win. In the first round, Lucy and zoomzoom1 again went head-to-head. This time, Lucy sent zoomzoom1 home crying to Mommy.

There weren't anymore head-to-head events, and the two weren't paired up together in the laps around VIR, so she didn't get a chance to show him up anymore.

Just to be fair, in the Challenger Challenge, Lucy and I went head-to-head...and I came out on top. :D I didn't face either her or zoomzoom1 in the drag event. That was the first time I have ever done anything like drag racing, and my best reaction time was .056. Not too shabby seeing as how my first reaction time in the practice run was .857. Lucy and I were paired together when running laps around VIR. We were pretty much nose-to-tail all the way around the track and had a BLAST. We did 5 or 6 runs, 2 laps per run.

At the end of the day, at the closing/awards ceremony, zoomzoom1 told me (I had to leave before it started) that our team leader even mentioned how much fun Lucy, zoomzoom1 and I had had together throughout the day, and how Lucy had owned us. :slap: :biggrinjester:

Once again, the total experience is something that I won't soon forget.

Thanks again, zoomzoom1!!!!! :rocker: :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Craig, I just had a blast!!!!...It was just so much fun have 2 of my bestest friends with me on this..:beerchug:...Now on to this I got spanked by a girl part...................................It still hurts alittle.(rubbing :slap:butt!!).:rolleyes2:....Lucy's reaction times were smoking to say the least.along with her tires....She is just a touch competative...wouldn't you say..;)....but seeing her on your tall on the Road course...And keepin up...Made me proud!!!..We will see who went the fastest on the Road course. when we get our DVD's...I think Lucy would like to go again next year...Want to put some money on that!!!..Anywho...Now you know what having those extra 2 cylinders can do!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I would DEFINITELY say that she is just a wee bit competitive. You definitely have your hands full. :cowsmile:

And just for the record...that was ME on HER tail. Tell her that I would have passed her if the rules would have allowed me to do so. :driving: ;)

And as far as who went faster...I could only go as fast as the two slowpokes in front of me. You should be able to see in my video...I got pretty darn close at times. ;)

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Sounds like fun guys! :clap:

Why wait 'till next year to run VIR? Start looking around for track days, SCCA PDX and NASA HPDE events!! I ran two last year, and I'm hoping to get in 3-5 this year! Plus autocrossing my Miata... :shifty:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
...did he say "Miata"?...

:D
ooopps.....those M's are pretty fast in the twisties.....and we will see about whom was close to whom, I printed part of our post and gave it to her..shes still laughing...:rocker::rocker:

....she's going to check out the forum when she gets home.....And just for the record...both of u were slow!!!!:driving::driving:
I would NOT run my car with Shi$$y RSA's on the track, we slipped all over the place when the track got hot....!!

And I have a car I can practice in.......:cowsmile:

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
...did he say "Miata"?...

:D
Why yes... yes I did! :clap:

2002 Mazda Miata- came with the roll bar, intake, exhaust and better springs!

Still mostly stock... it'll handily outrun the Charger in an autocross! It's not ready for running a road course yet, should be good for next year, though. :rocker:

I DO love my Charger! Enough to buy a second car to beat on, so I don't have to worry so much about wrinkling the Lil' Red Dragon! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
In the autocross, yes the M would smack a charger BAD....But what SXT was refering to was the 3.27 mile road course...Which the charger would probly take the M.....I hit 137-140 in the back stretch..and 130 in the front stretch...wide track..plenty of room to slide through the corners....The Charger actually did better that the Chally, different susp....but the Chally had a more aggressive esp....and outrun in the straight but get squirrelly in the corners..wanted to stepout to much in the corners....basically...Chally in a straight line...charger in the twisties...Had better times with the Charger on the road course, but better times in the drag with the chally...

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Lucy was great on evrything she did, remember what they said, the women do better than the men, better reaction times and all.....shoot...she was averaging, if I remember....correctly... .02 ..I just checked mine...I beat her just once..I had .099 but she stomped me after that... .029

How do you like the extra 2 cylinders to run...hehehe

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why yes... yes I did! :clap:

2002 Mazda Miata- came with the roll bar, intake, exhaust and better springs!

Still mostly stock... it'll handily outrun the Charger in an autocross! It's not ready for running a road course yet, should be good for next year, though. :rocker:

I DO love my Charger! Enough to buy a second car to beat on, so I don't have to worry so much about wrinkling the Lil' Red Dragon! :bigthumb:
Very nice. I can definitely see how people get addicted to this stuff. :driving:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the autocross, yes the M would smack a charger BAD....But what SXT was refering to was the 3.27 mile road course...Which the charger would probly take the M.....I hit 137-140 in the back stretch..and 130 in the front stretch...wide track..plenty of room to slide through the corners....The Charger actually did better that the Chally, different susp....but the Chally had a more aggressive esp....and outrun in the straight but get squirrelly in the corners..wanted to stepout to much in the corners....basically...Chally in a straight line...charger in the twisties...Had better times with the Charger on the road course, but better times in the drag with the chally...
What he said. I mentioned this to our team leader after driving the Charger, Chally and 300, and he said I had a sensitive butt. I'm not sure how to take that... :confused: ;)

As for us being slow...that dang "pro" driver wouldn't get out of our way so we couldn't go any faster. :cowsmile:

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lucy was great on evrything she did, remember what they said, the women do better than the men, better reaction times and all.....shoot...she was averaging, if I remember....correctly... .02 ..I just checked mine...I beat her just once..I had .099 but she stomped me after that... .029

How do you like the extra 2 cylinders to run...hehehe
.099 my @$$. You didn't get below .200 and you know it. Lucy's best was .089. I had you both beat with my .056.

Take that, gramps. :slap:

:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
You need all the practice you can get. Although, it didn't help you much on Wednesday. :tongue:
Lets just say, WHOM came home with a second place........:alfdance:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Yes...but who had the best reaction time, and who never hit ONE cone in either of the skill courses? ;)
Well, ready to go next year, I know Lucy is!!!;):beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts