Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...

I'm not sure if Dodge had the same deal in the U.S. but here in Canada they have this pull ahead program. Basically, because I am leasing my 2005 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee and I only have 7 payments left on it, I can get out early with no penalties if I lease or purchase a new dodge vehicle.

I have been counting down the days for the last two years for my lease to expire so I can get into an SRT 8 Charger.

When I got a letter in the mail (July 10th) and it said that my truck qualified for the program I immediatly called the dealership and went in to get things started. I was crushed when I was told that the letter was a mistake because my truck didn't qualify for the program.

Pissed off and dissapointed I accepted my fate. I received a phone call on August 25th saying it was my last chance for this pull ahead program. WTF!!

I went back to the dealer and I received an apology. I was still pissed! I was told that I had to have the ownership of this new vehicle in my name by the end of August so I can qualify for this program and take advantage of the employee pricing promotion.

Because the 2008's weren't out yet my only option was a 2007 if they can find the one that I want. There was one within 50 miles of my dealership but we justed missed it. (I wouldn't have missed it if they knew what they were doing the first place) They had to keep searching.

After a week they finally found one over 2,000 miles away across the country and they had to ship it here.

Well, I have been waiting for a month since they were supposed to have shipped the vehicle and I still haven't received it. My dealer is to blame but how the [email protected]#K does it take so long.

Once I knew the vehicle was mine I purchased some accessories. 22's, Altezza Tail, Silverstar Lamps and I made arrangements to get my windows & exhaust done.

I have all these accessories sitting in my garage and it kills me to look at it knowing that the summer is almost over.

I could have settled for one with less options or a different colour but like most of you, when you know what you want, you can't settle.

They called me last Monday and said the car was in the city. Then they called on Saturday and said it was half way and should be here on Tuesday (yesterday) They called last night and said it's not here yet but I should have it by the weekend.

I should have had this car by now and I'm going to snap if it doesn't happen soon. I can only browse this site so much before I start going a little loopy!

Anyways, that's my rant and thanks for listening!!

Here's my wheels...

22" American Racing Black Burn wheels w/Hankook Ventus tires

Attachments

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Wow. That sucks! So, have you been sitting out in your garage, looking at your pretty new wheels and going "Vroom, Vroom!!!"???

·
Registered
14 Posts
:dead:
Man I feel for ya. I give you all the credit in the world for being that patient. It doesn't really sound like your dealership wanted your money if you are having that much trouble.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been going vroom vroom.

I have alomost set up all four tires in position and sat in a lawn chair. Maybe I'll do that this weekend if I don't get my car.

The worst thing is that I had to pay a little extra to pay for some of the shipping cost. I'm going to try and get that money back.

·
Registered
731 Posts
They called me last Monday and said the car was in the city.
Cripes....it should take about 3 hours to get the car to the dealer, no?
They must be loading the carrier with cars from other dealerships to share the transport costs. Still...that is quite a delay from when they found your car.

Hope it's there soon!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very simple... put reason over emotion.

Go to the dealer tell them very calmly you are pulling out of the deal due to time, they will certainly harass you and threaten to keep your down payment but in the end they can't. Then drive to another dealer and get a good deal.

The dealer knows they have you by the gonads, they read it on your face and they hear it every time you talk with them.

I know it sucks being you but you need to smack these a$$holes in the face, they are stringing you along and laughing at you every day they go to work... They probably have a picture of your face and a recording of you in the managers office.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an email from the dealer last night and they forwarded me the contract with the movers. The movers contract said that the car would be here in two weeks. The dealership called the movers and I guess there was an issue with one of the trucks.

The trucking company has offered a 50% refund to the dealership which is getting forwarded to me.

Finally some good news.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
they promise you everything and you get nothing in return. So beware!!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
You're putting 22s on an SRT-8?? :knockout:

What tires?? :shifty:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOOO HOOO!!

Just got the call...

My car is in. I can pick it up tonight after 5:00pm.

I'm off tomorrow so you will here from me on Monday when I post my look what I got thread!!

It's about damn time!!

Oh....

I have Hankook Ventus 265/35/22 tires on the rims.

22's are big for some but good for others.

To each their own!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Happy to hear your ordeal is finally over. :)
Don't forget to post some picks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.