1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
964 Posts
Those front plates are hideous. No fault of yours.

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those front plates are hideous. No fault of yours.
Our new Premier said he was going to abolish front license plates and the cops and media went nuts so he back-tracked.

I was all ready to take mine off.

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Meh, they're license plates, not gargoyles. We just live with them.

*From Ohio, also a front-plate-state... for another year. ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
I should have said your cars look very nice first, and then mentioned the plates instead of just sound negative.

I think New York and New Jersey are front plate states as well. Finding a used car with front plate holes already drilled is usually an automatic no go on that car. I can't stand front plates. It takes away from the look of the front of the car. I don't believe it's as bad on the 2015 and up Chargers, but it is such an eyesore on the 2011-14 cars in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Amazing how tiny the Corvette looks in comparison to the Charger in the rear view picture. How do you fit?? My brother had the older body style and he had to take the T roofs out so I could test drive it.

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amazing how tiny the Corvette looks in comparison to the Charger in the rear view picture. How do you fit?? My brother had the older body style and he had to take the T roofs out so I could test drive it.
It's very small compared to the Charger, and very low too. I feel like I'm driving a truck now when I get in the Charger. But it's easier to clean.

I'm a big dude but not very tall. 5' 10.5". I fit in just fine with tons of leg room. Getting in and out is a PITA, but mostly because it's so damn low.

I don't believe it's as bad on the 2015 and up Chargers, but it is such an eyesore on the 2011-14 cars in my opinion.
It's an eyesore on most cars. Luckily my Z06 did not have a front plate prior to me buying it and I was able to get the new "AERO" plate bracket that fits competly in the grill and follows the lines of the car. previous versions covered the nose of the car and looked hideous.

Where did you get the carbon stripes? I have a Jazz Blue Daytona and those look great.
Got them done locally at a place that does primarily commercial wraps and graphics. Cost quite a bit, but 3 years in daily driven year round and they still look good.

The factory stripes are pre-cut and have huge gaps. Mine have no gaps at all. They did a great job.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your sled reminds me, once upon a Charger search time, of a used 2017 Jazz Blue SRT 392 with also carbon stripes for sale deep in the heart of Texas.

Right when I was ready to slam an offer on it, it was already sold on the lot.

That combo looks solid with those stock SRT wheels too. Nicely done.

·
Super Moderator
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That combo looks solid with those stock SRT wheels too. Nicely done.
The stock wheels will be coming off before the big meet on Saturday. I typically only run them for winter as they have snow tires on them.

But since I've been driving the Vette 99% of the time since March I never bothered to put my summer set-up on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts