Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a scenario to try if your BU Cam stops. This is a cam I added several years ago with the car being pre-wired.

A year or so ago my BU cam screen scrambled. Google searches came up with some just pulling the deck lid liner off and inspecting the wiring, unplugging to see if a pin was bad or wires damaged finding nothing and it started working after being put back together.
So I did same and its worked a year or so until a few weeks ago. I read some found chaffed wires in the harness exiting the right side trunk arm into the interior.

I put the key to on getting into reverse with car off to watch the screen while I fondled around with the cam.
I worked the trunk up and down fast and slow, shut and opened it several times, no change.

Then did a knuckle bump tap on the liner just behind the latch hump and it came on. Heh! More knuckle bumping did nothing, it stayed on. Pulled the liner and handled all the wiring, pulling, shaking, twisting, no change, still a working cam with no glitches three weeks now. Damn.
I'm thinking its in the camera its self and the vibration handles it but slamming the deck lid and such didn't change anything.
Just Sharing

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Sounds like a little teeny bit of the old fashioned "give it a whack with the BFH" (Big F'in Hammer) !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts