Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in a good way, I suppose.

I kind of lost my cool on the way to work...a semi blocking the passing lane for a few miles. I passed him in the right lane, didn't go WOT, just got on it a little bit, looked at the speedo and was going waaaaaay faster than I thought.

A person needs to be careful with this car.

Did run my first 0-60 last week. ESP on, used Autostick, 90*+ temps that day, didn't go WOT, shifted at about 4800 rpm, ran a 6.78. This thing is a rocket.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
:) Been there - done that! I need to get this thing to Germany for some real fast road action!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I was pretty shocked how fast it will go in 2nd before it bumps into the "OK, I'm shifting for you now" point. :)

Best,

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did one of my 1st "Do I have room for this pass?" deals and was amazed at how quickly I got it done. Got back to my lane with some broken lines left over in the pass zone. It would have been marginal in my 01 Tundra. Gave the old girl a lil pat on the dash while sporting a grin.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I want to hit the Autobaun!!! It's a shame tey won't give us a stretch of road in each State so we can do our thang.

Please give me some info on the WOT Challenge thats held in TX.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I want to hit the Autobaun!!! It's a shame tey won't give us a stretch of road in each State so we can do our thang.
It sure would be but waaaaay to many idiot, selfish, poorly trained,
driving is my god given right types in this country for it to happen.
Not to mention all the self appointed "pace cars", move over you idiot
it's a p a s s i n g lane. But I guess we can dream, huh?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not to mention all the self appointed "pace cars", move over you idiot
it's a p a s s i n g lane. But I guess we can dream, huh?
You get a ticket on the Autobahn for a) passing on the right and b) not moving right for faster traffic.

personally, I'd like to see b) done more here. Some people get on freeways and IMMEDIATELY move to the far left lane, regardless of how fast they are going.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
You get a ticket on the Autobahn for a) passing on the right and b) not moving right for faster traffic.

personally, I'd like to see b) done more here. Some people get on freeways and IMMEDIATELY move to the far left lane, regardless of how fast they are going.
My pet peeve is the occasional jerk who gets in the left lane and then matches speed with someone in the right lane, effectively preventing anyone from passing. I was always taught to stick to the right lane UNLESS you're passing.

Best,

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
My pet peeve is the occasional jerk who gets in the left lane and then matches speed with someone in the right lane, effectively preventing anyone from passing. I was always taught to stick to the right lane UNLESS you're passing.

Best,
Rolling Road-block.....

Yep - I hate the barstewards that do that.... :halloween :halloween :halloween :halloween :halloween :halloween

·
Registered
5,147 Posts

Best,
x2.....just common highway courtesy

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
:) Been there - done that! I need to get this thing to Germany for some real fast road action!
Montana would be closer........no speed limit on rural interstate

·
Registered
105 Posts
How about this one: You are set on a nice comfy cruise and the guy in the right lane ahead of you (and -10Mph) decides he doesn't want to be held up (or cancel his cruise setting) by that old truck ahead of him, so he just vectors out in front of you :( If I am in that situation, I speed up considerably, make my pass and get the hell outta the way of the faster guy. I have an aggressive throttle foot, but I don't do things to pi## other people off (if it can be helped).

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i see all this stuff yall are talking every week when i drive to houston. it is sooooo annoying. they should make highway etiquette a larger part of getting your license.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts