Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Predator on my 2006 Charger RT yesterday morning...here are my comments:

The only mods on my charger are a K&N CAI, 180 degree t-stat, and Bryclreem'd exhaust.

- I installed the canned 93 Performance tune. Quick-Adjusted the fan settings, increased shift firmness, reset Trans adaptive learning, and set tire/rim size

- It's Alive!! With the canned tune installed, my car will get sideways on me when floored at 20mph! Rear tires break at 1-2 shift, and get definate chirp in 2-3 gear change. Today I floored it when my speed was at 45 mph, and got a good chirp at gear change.....can't remember ever getting a chirp pre-tune when I floored her from a standing or slow start.

- the prolific acceleration "lag" that most of us experienced when the pedal was floored is now gone. When you step on the gas...the car lurches with no hesitation.

- the most surprising thing is my MPG...prior to the tune, my evic MPG figures NEVER got above 23-24 MPG when driving on the highway..usually in the 21-22 MPG range. However, I have put about 200 miles on my car in the last two days (mostly highway), and my evic MPG figures have been as high as 29 MPG for several minutes! For the most part, my highway MPG showed in the neighborhood of 26-27.5 MPG for the day. Sames roads, same conditions, same driving habits....evic showed an increase of about 5 mpg...?? :grin:

After I spend some time reading up on the other various custom changes that can be made, I will re-post again if I decide to do anything more.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So did you turn off the ESP as well? I purchased the NO ESP deal earlier this year but it does not work on my Charger. For some reason there was a group of us that it did not work for. I would buy this just for that if it works......

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So did you turn off the ESP as well? I purchased the NO ESP deal earlier this year but it does not work on my Charger. For some reason there was a group of us that it did not work for. I would buy this just for that if it works......
Nope...don't like the idea of turning off the ABS when you disable the ESP....doesn't seem like there are many of us out here, but I like the idea of keeping my ABS. I can break the tires loose now in 1st and 2nd, while getting a good chirp in 3rd....
No need to disable ESP in my opinion...anything to do with safety I will not mess with.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I keep reading about all the good things about this tuner. I have one question:If all these things are that good including gas mileage, then why didn't Chrysler do this tune??
Because they detune HAL so that people like me don't smoke the engine under warrenty!!!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
does that mean theres an increased risk of damaging the engine w/ these tunes?
Anything can happen with even HAL, because he is still hidden in there also. But I am going to be careful anyway how I sling IT around. I try to take care of my ride, even If I do ride her hard sometimes.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I thought I heard if you shut off the ESP it kept your ABS. I thought you only lost the ABS when you pull the fuse....
The ESP disable feature in the Predator essentially activates a built-in dyno mode. This mode is, as the name hints, intended to allow you to run your car on a dyno without throwing lots of codes and/or going into limp mode. It completely disables ESP, ABS, BAS, etc. and feeds HAL the rear wheel speed sensor output for both front and rear. (If you didn't do this, HAL would sense that the front wheels were stopped and the rears were doing 100+MPH and shut things down.)

Anyway, since they activate this mode you do lose all of the enhanced braking systems. A quirk of the built-in dyno mode is that it's also much easier to go into limp mode if you're not careful. The easiest way is to do a fast u-turn; for some reason the car doesn't like that. :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow,

Installed mine this evening, but didnt have time for more than a quick trim around the corner and back. I did notice a difference, but can't say I was chirping between gears. I have a good drive tomorrow, hope it gets as aggressive as yours once i get a chance to drive it.

running the 93 tune, no other real peformance mods though (other than esp switch)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm liking the sounds of this tuner im getting closer and closer to ordering one

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm liking the sounds of this tuner im getting closer and closer to ordering one

Do it, the change is out of this world especially the shifting now. I had my lil brother in the car and he said at WOT when it shifted it made his neck snap lol. I broke the tires during the 1-2 and could never do that before. This thing is good stuff, I havent played with any other tunes besides the performance ones that Diablo preloaded onto the predator but maybe someday I'll get to it. For now im having a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.