Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks like standard 4 piston. Once you start getting in the higher packages' and WB they are 6. What year is your car and is it new? Mine is a 2020 and have slotted rotors. I'm not up on if they changed the rotors with latest models. More will chime in.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
And another thing, the wheels you have (20x9) come only with the 4-piston brakes, if you had the 6-pistons you would have the Hellcat style (20x9.5) and 275 tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,019 Posts
They are 4 Piston Calipers , you have the Standard Scat Pack Wheels which are 20 x 9. I know I also have a set of them.
If your car had the dymaincs package , you would have got my other set of wheels which are these. I also have 4 piston brakes.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Here's a 6-piston close up and you can see the extra piston, also the rotor is totally different and is a 2-piece, much larger too (15.7" vs 14.2").

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
747 Posts
I want to change from 4 to 6 on my 2012 SRT mainly for looks it fills in so much better and the occasional horrible drivers we have around here that swing in front of people. And you have to brake immediately. But new rotors pads and calipers just add up so quick 😂

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,029 Posts
I want to change from 4 to 6 on my 2012 SRT mainly for looks it fills in so much better and the occasional horrible drivers we have around here that swing in front of people. And you have to brake immediately. But new rotors pads and calipers just add up so quick 😂
Keep an eye out, the deals are there. Ultimately I found them worth it:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
747 Posts
Keep an eye out, the deals are there. Ultimately I found them worth it:
View attachment 307545
Oh I would 100% find them worth it but just convincing myself to do it is the thing. I’ve looked up the calipers before and tried to see if could find any wrecked scats etc in the area to just take them off of that but most of the ones I found wanted 700-1000 for the calipers alone which is crazy lol

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I want to change from 4 to 6 on my 2012 SRT mainly for looks it fills in so much better and the occasional horrible drivers we have around here that swing in front of people. And you have to brake immediately. But new rotors pads and calipers just add up so quick
Do it for looks, there's literally a couple feet difference in stopping distance. For the price of replacement parts alone, I chose to keep the 4 pots on the Beast. The 6 piston stuff is PRICEY!!

·
Registered
2012 Charger SRT8
747 Posts
Do it for looks, there's literally a couple feet difference in stopping distance. For the price of replacement parts alone, I chose to keep the 4 pots on the Beast. The 6 piston stuff is PRICEY!!
Yeah that was the main reason to fill up the wheel a little bit. But like you said it’s expensive that’s the other reason I haven’t is the upkeep on those are crazy too 😂

1 - 20 of 35 Posts