Charger Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Vengeance is good people, your car is not in Knoxville. lol
yeah i know its not there. me and ryan know each other so he gives me sh!t about wanting to drive my car after the track 2 is in. well the bee is mine after that. no vengeance has done some work for a few others that i know and they do a top notch job.

· Premium Member
29,687 Posts
His life was never in danger. A lower rear shock but was left off or not tightened properly. The lower rear shock bolt is under load even when the car in on a lift with the wheels at full droop.

Note to DCX: You are wasting money on nuts for your lower damper bolts because the bolts clearly stay in all by themselves........

In a worst case scenario the bolt falls out and the shock is trapped in the lower control arm pocket. It makes noise and does little else. That is the fact of the matter.

Note to DCX: You are wasting money on nuts for your lower damper bolts because should the worst happen and they fall it - it only makes a noise.....
Just what would have been your stance 'had' this bolt popped out whilst metgo was accelerating down an on-ramp (using the full potential of the system - of course) and the suspension had suddenly dropped, or popped out (dependent on the dynamics). Think it would still have been fine? What about if he'd gone to a track day?

You/your outlet/workshop were lucky - plain and simple. You got away with a potentially far worse situation purely because somebody checked the work that had been done so poorly. The fact you are defending this workshop beggars belief.......

Whatever your excuses and mitigation leaving a nut off of a suspension system is dumb azz - plain and simple. That nut was there for a VERY GOOD REASON! If it were not necessary, don't you think that DCX would have omitted it?

Yesterday, I hoped upon hope that a Pedders rep wouldn't come onto the forum and start trying to claim that missing securing parts on a suspension system aren't that bigger deal if they are missing from certain places... Oh well - that's that down the drain.....

No true engineer would ever see something like that as trivial - or try and excuse it away as being 'not so bad'. It was a major c0ck-up and any intelligent person will know that......

And if I'd paid 5 grand for this poor standard of service, I'd certainly be expecting to be getting some of that back......

· Registered
12,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
His life was never in danger. A lower rear shock but was left off or not tightened properly. The lower rear shock bolt is under load even when the car in on a lift with the wheels at full droop. In a worst case scenario the bolt falls out and the shock is trapped in the lower control arm pocket. It makes noise and does little else. That is the fact of the matter. It is also a fact that the mistake was made. The shop apologised. MCP apologised. The car was fixed. That should have been the end of the story. It wasn't. Being Pedders when the car showed up at the LX Nationals were inspected it. Eric from Backstreet performance crawled around in the dirt on the ramps to the dyno and checked every bolt in the suspension. Eric is built like a fireplug and found a nut he could tighten a bit more. To be very clear, there was no customer issue with the suspension at this point, we were just making sure. That turns into my car is falling apart and MCP sucks. We continue to provide free dyno and A/F pulls. That turns into FREE dyno services aren't good enough because the graph isn't large enough and why don;t you reprint it foir me. By the time he left the display he wasn't happy nor were any of the Dealers, nor was I. Then we end up with a noise weeks later that may have been the front sway bar bracket, but no one is certain there wasn't really anything wrong on the last shop inspection. Keep in mind, there are numerous posts on this forum and other LX forums of 100% box stock LXs various noises. When you touch a suspension, you have to be prepared to own every noise it makes after that. Pedders and our Dealer assume that role and risk. So now the customer leaves the shop after everything has been rechecked for the I don't know how many times and appears to be happy until the post we see here.

Enough is enough. The customer NEVER asked for or discussed any form of 'compensation' for his headaches and time with Pedders until he posted in multiple forums. It was never even hinted at. He could not and should not have been expecting a phone call from Pedders for two weeks, because there was no conversation, PM, email or any other type of exchange regarding compensation. Everything the customer asked for we gave him. Everything. Are we giving him something after this flaming thread -- other than his warranty for his bits and installation at any of the Pedders Dealers nationwide that he already had -- no.

Btw, the last conversation I had with this customer he told me he loved his Pedderised LX. That was after the Pedders track-side service at the Nationals when he was in line to make one last pass down the drag strip. He knows this is accurate. He knows exactly what I think of this post. He has never called to discuss anything in the last two weeks or made any attempt at any communication with Pedders in this time.

So what have we learned? We know that Pedders will be on this forum and in this community in good times and in bad. We know that mistakes happen and that Pedders sees to it they are corrected. Pedders honors our warranty and is committed to customer service. That doesn't mean it makes everyone happy. There are five in four years that are not. Would I like it to have been four -- absolutely.

If you choose to Pedderise your LX, know that you will recieve the best possible service from our Dealer Network with the support of Pedders corporate. Will you be satisfied with your Pedders bits and installation -- statistically the answer is yes. We are viturally perfect achieving 99.999%. The shame of it is we have failled at all in being perfect in this area. As I have done on this forum and others here is my mobile phone number 616.834.8100. Here is my office number 248.522.8021. Here is my email [email protected] If you have any issue wioth Pedders that cannot be resolved at the Dealer level feel free to call me.
I never denied that Pedders makes a great product. To this day I stand by it, my Pedders suspension is awesome, it is like nothing I've ever experienced before. But there is other matters at hand, so quite trying to change the subject. I've told both you, Paul and MCP that I think I deserve compensation for all the problems you caused me and I keep getting brushed off and you continue to act like this isn't a big deal and it is normal. I'm not the bad guy here, you are.

First off let address the issue of my life being in danger. I said in my opinion, I felt that my life was put in danger. Pedders actually has a huge thread about "Dangerous OEM bushings", pedders thinks OEM bushing are dangerous but not a bolt with out a nut on it? Are you trying to say that not having a bolt on a nut is normal and isn't a big deal?

Obviously the guys that check my car in Columbus didn't do a very good job if I had to take my car in again to get checked again. And if you think just because they did check my car that it makes us even, you are wrong. Pedders screwed my car up, so they needed to fix it. As for the Dynos, after I realized that my car had leaked tranny fluid I told you I didn't want to dyno it. You kept insisting that I get it on the dyno. It was your choice to dyno the car, not mine. I even offered to pay you and you turned me down.

Another thing, with all the faults in the installation possess aside, what about the 11 days it took them to do the job. Don't over look that. 11 days to do something that should have only taken a day or two? That is ridiculous. How do you account for that?

Pete keeps saying on all the forums that Pedders has give me every thing that I ask for and keep pretending like there isn't a problem. Well he is wrong, I haven't got everything I've asked for and that is why I started this thread. Do you think I just started this thread to try and ruin Pedders? If I just wanted to hurt the Pedders name I would have posted this a month ago when it first happened. I gave you a month to make a move and you did nothing. The only way I could get you to respond to my PMs was to tell Paul to tell you that you had one.

Please, any of you that might be considering Pedders, please PM me first. There was a lot more details to this whole matter that I chose to leave out due to forum rules. But trust me when I say this, it gets worse.

Also, you might want to keep an eye on this thread.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=121551

· Premium Member
29,687 Posts
First off let address the issue of my life being in danger. I said in my opinion, I felt that my life was put in danger. Pedders actually has a huge thread about "Dangerous OEM bushings", pedders thinks OEM bushing are dangerous but not a bolt with out a nut on it? Are you trying to say that not having a bolt on a nut is normal and isn't a big deal?

That is actually a very good point - and one I missed. For a company that throws 'safety' down your neck and trashes DCX for subframe bushes, a claim that a missing nut is 'no big deal' does kind of make me doubt aything that they say.....

Obviously the guys that check my car in Columbus didn't do a very good job if I had to take my car in again to get checked again. And if you think just because they did check my car that it makes us even, you are wrong. Pedders screwed my car up, so they needed to fix it. As for the Dynos, after I realized that my car had leaked tranny fluid I told you I didn't want to dyno it. You kept insisting that I get it on the dyno. It was your choice to dyno the car, not mine. I even offered to pay you and you turned me down.

So - we have a customer that does not find the free check as satisfactory compensation for their time and the problems encountered? Fair enough.

Please, any of you that might be considering Pedders, please PM me first. There was a lot more details to this whole matter that I chose to leave out due to forum rules. But trust me when I say this, it gets worse.

Also, you might want to keep an eye on this thread.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=121551

· Registered
12,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just what would have been your stance 'had' this bolt popped out whilst metgo was accelerating down an on-ramp (using the full potential of the system - of course) and the suspension had suddenly dropped, or popped out (dependent on the dynamics). Think it would still have been fine? What about if he'd gone to a track day?

You/your outlet/workshop were lucky - plain and simple. You got away with a potentially far worse situation purely because somebody checked the work that had been done so poorly. The fact you are defending this workshop beggars belief.......

Whatever your excuses and mitigation leaving a nut off of a suspension system is dumb azz - plain and simple. That nut was there for a VERY GOOD REASON! If it were not necessary, don't you think that DCX would have omitted it?

Yesterday, I hoped upon hope that a Pedders rep wouldn't come onto the forum and start trying to claim that missing securing parts on a suspension system aren't that bigger deal if they are missing from certain places... Oh well - that's that down the drain.....

No true engineer would ever see something like that as trivial - or try and excuse it away as being 'not so bad'. It was a major c0ck-up and any intelligent person will know that......

And if I'd paid 5 grand for this poor standard of service, I'd certainly be expecting to be getting some of that back......

I couldn't agree more. That is the reason I keep saying Pedders doesn't think this is an issue and they don't care about me. If that bolt doesn't need a nut, why did they put one on the other side?

Pedders keeps trying to change the subject and aren't dealing with the matter at hand. Then they try and say that there is no problem when there clearly is. They are so full of B.S. and I think everyone sees that.

· Registered
12,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
One other thing Pete forgot to mention was that I was nice enough to put my car on display at the Pedder's booth in Columbus. I had my car over there almost all day and actually stood over there and talked to a lot of people about how much I liked my Pedders and not mentioning anything about my issues with them. Did he ever once thank me for this? No. He almost acts like I owe him because his guys took 10 minutes out of their day to check the nuts on a car that their dealer screwed up that is covered under their warranty. How I see it, I actually did him a favor by letting him use my car for people to see and me actually recommending Pedders to people there.

To all those people at LX and Beyond that I recommend Pedders to, I am truly sorry that I recommend them.

· Premium Member
29,687 Posts
One other thing Pete forgot to mention was that I was nice enough to put my car on display at the Pedder's booth in Columbus. I had my car over there almost all day and actually stood over there and talked to a lot of people about how much I liked my Pedders and not mentioning anything about my issues with them. Did he ever once thank me for this? No. He almost acts like I owe him because his guys took 10 minutes out of their day to check the nuts on a car that their dealer screwed up that is covered under their warranty. How I see it, I actually did him a favor by letting him use my car for people to see and me actually recommending Pedders to people there.

To all those people at LX and Beyond that I recommend Pedders to, I am truly sorry that I recommend them.
Dude - I now believe you are telling a much 'more honest' side to this story now, as I have just read this comment on the LX thread...:

"Even bad pub is good for business. Direct inquiries and sales placed through our website have gone up today. I do watch the webstats constantly. Web hits are essentially dollars in the bank. Email from the website and orders are pretty obvious in the office. Not hiding probably helps but the sad fact of the internet is that any pub is good pub."

This guy is so far up his own hoop, the sun definitely don't shine (IMHO)!!!

Having just read your comment in this post above, that it almost seemed as if 'he was doing you a favour' by showing your car, added to the fact that one of his first responses to this problem (publically) was...:

"In my years of business I have found that there are three truths: the customer's truth, the busness owner's truth and the truth that lies some where in the middle. No additional commentary is required nor would it would serve no purpose."

I can honestly say that people should stay away from this particularly poorly informed person. For a start, and as far as I am aware, the 'three thruths' [email protected] was not anything to do with business per se, but is a general comment on just about any situation. It has just been regurgitated here as a dig at you - saying (basically) that you are not telling the whole truth. Following that argument, it therefore insinuates that Pedders is also full of [email protected]!

Now - having read the responses from Pedders (or its reps) I can safely say that I think the greater amount of [email protected] is spewing from Pedders (especially the claim that a missing nut in that area was really no big deal....!). Are people sure they can trust a system designed (I am assuming - I asked if it were designed in-house, or whether the parts were outsourced and never got a reply) by a person who thinks that missing and/or loose suspension components are 'no big deal'...as long as they are in certain areas of non-importance...?

I think that the comment regarding bad publicity being good for business shows the contempt of the man for you and the situation. I am sorry that you have had to go through this, but I really hope others take a long hard look at what has happened here before they take the plunge. If it were me and I had read this attrocious display of poor customer relations, pig headedness, arrogance, poor workmanship and denial, I would most certainly be taking my hard earned cash elsewhere. At least Pete is pleased that your misfortune is ringing his cash register.... Totally disgusting - I'm half thinking that CF should chuck this company off of the sponsorship for the site and tell them to come back when they actually give a carp about their product/customers.......

At the end of the day, the shop was certified by Pedder. Pedder items were installed. The install was a complete and utter disaster, with only good fortune preventing what 'could' have been a particularly nasty incident. Dude - you were lucky - somebody is watching over you. This could have ended in a real tragedy (although therre are some that will believe that there was not a problem....).

I have never seen such a brazen, arrogant stance by a vendor......

Oh - and for the record - when the suspension travels through compression and extension, the force on the bolt in the lower part of the damper bush fluctuates - it is not a constant force. There will be times when the bolt is in shear from the top (the suspension compressing due to a dynamic input - with the damper trying to slow the compression rate) and in shear from below (when the spring quickly changes the direction of motion of the wheel/suspension against the damping effect of the damper). This means there will be periods of dynamic operation where the shear forces on the bolt (or the pressure that was holding it in) will be zero, as the shear forces change from above, to below, or vice versa...... So unless the bolt was an interference fit (which I don't believe it is), the bolt very well could have worked loose..... Hence DCX having a nut on the end of it! For experts in suspension and I assume suspension theory, their lack of basic comprehension on the dynamics of the system is a little scary....

· Registered
12,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks for the support arfur and to everyone else who has been supportive through all of this. I think most people on all the forums I've posted this on are on the same page as afur here and for some strange reason Pedders thinks it isn't a bad thing.

· Registered
124 Posts
Down playing a missing nuts is crazy!! You could have wiggled out of this one saying "I'm sorry, I'll talk to the shop. I mis-understood your request for 'compensation'", but no, missing parts are totally A.OK!

Even the real problem starts where it takes them 10-11 days to even start installing the hardware, where each day is "you'll have it tonight", "it will be done by 3" "by 5" "tomorrow" "tomorrow.. again" "everything is fine.. tonight.. I swear" *crickets*

If it takes that long to install hardware, then maybe the shop rushing the job and not fully making sure everything is tight and squared down is not that far fetched to comprehend.

· Premium Member
29,687 Posts
Thanks for the support arfur and to everyone else who has been supportive through all of this. I think most people on all the forums I've posted this on are on the same page as afur here and for some strange reason Pedders thinks it isn't a bad thing.
What surprised me is the lashback on the LX forums. They are normally (for all the right reasons) the first to try and defend a vendor. However, I think Pete has made any kind of defense very difficult. Rob's trying, but to be honest, Pete has yanked the mat from under his feet.

And Rob really should understand that there is a VERY REAL chance that bolt could have fallen out. Not a slim one. In fact, dependent on use of the vehicle (for the time period) it jolly well would have fallen out.

Nuts aren't just for Christmas, you know!

And I'm showing support because you had a bad time and you seem to have been pretty cool about it - up to a point. I think you did the right thing by waiting and I honestly think that you did only post this because of the brush-off you were getting from Pedders.

If it had been me, I'd have probably got Pedders to take the whole lot off, put the old stuff back on and then asked for a full refund. Not that I'd have been in that position in the first place, for my own reasons....

Anyway - good luck and as for the lifetime replacement offer - make sure you fully understand what needs to be wrong with the system for this warranty to be in effect. Does a shock have to leak? Does a spring have to break? Does a bush have to wear? Does the car have to bounce too much?

It's all very easy to be offered things like this, only to find that it takes moving a mountain to get anything replaced under that agreement. I suspect that it will be for material failure only (broken spring/damper etc) - I haven't seen the details - but would hope that it covers any failure (even perceived performance).

· Registered
2,963 Posts
wow, ....seriously.....wow...

i just read ALL 8 pages of the lxforums, and i have my view on the issue, but somehow....i'm still speechless on petes actions....

as some of the posts on here, i feel his replies are vague at best and dont really answer what one asks....

but the claims, or actually being NON-CHALANT....

that truly turned my view towards the customer service side as what i refer to as a "sh*t-show"...

in other news http://www.lxforums.com/board/showpost.php?p=1657365&postcount=64

i hope that this is true....:) i still have prothane on my autoX cars control arms and energy suspension on the front swaybar...

· Premium Member
990 Posts
I've been saving my dog cookies for this mod and planning to get it done later this year. Now? Not gonna happen! I wouldn't give either Pedders or MCP the time of day or a dime of my hard-earned cash. As the airlines seem to like saying: "We know you have a choice and appreciate you choosing us" ... there are always alternatives to shoddy work and irresponsible manufacturers.

I certainly hope that Pedders comes to their senses, gets off their high horse and agrees to step up and make you whole METGO. As for me, let them know that I'm a potential customer who will never go beyond being "potential" and, I suspect that I'm not the only one.

What's truly sad is that it takes publicly demonstrated distaste like this for some companies to budge and, by that time its too little, too late. A manufacturer can get snookered by a shoddy distributer ... happens all the time. But a manufacturer that truly cares about its reputation would never allow the problem to get to this point. They would step up IMMEDIATELY and make the customer whole.

For those reasons and for what I've read here ... count me as being a "would'a ... but won't!"

· Premium Member
186 Posts
First - there are 3 sides to every story. Only one of them is what REALLY happened, the other 2 are biased points of view. I do however find it funny how many jump on a band wagon without facts or research.

Mike has left out a WHOLE lot out of facts out of this story. But I guess when you are trying to get some of your money back, you do that. With that said, if you can NOT afford to do a MOD – please don’t do it. If you have to borrow money for a MOD – is it really worth it unless you are a professional racer? How you spend your money is totally up to you, I’m not judging, but damn at least be able to afford it.

As we all know, the world is not a perfect place. I know that -IF- MCP makes a mistake they stand behind their work. This is not a new company. This is not a company that does not know what they are doing. This is a company that has built RACE CARS – fabricated race cars – for other people and themselves and raced them for over 30 years while using the BEST of the BEST products.

They have built for the best in the industry. StL IS a racing town…. Some of the BEST racers have come out of St. Louis… Wallace, Schroeder, Trickle...

MCP is a Pedders certified dealer, DiabloSport Certified Tuner, Kooks, Corsa, ProCharger, Brakeman, on and on and on have their own Dyno. They only install the BEST of the BEST - HIGH END top of the line products. They have a LARGE professional shop. Dodge Dealers in St. Louis refer their performance customers to MCP. This is not a shop that said OHHH I think I'll sell Pedders today. MCP also RUNS everything they carry -- first. They test it on their own cars. Then this was a 2 year process to become a certified authorized dealer!

11 days - but Mike caused many of those by not having his parts there on time. 4 of those days were racing days and he was aware of those.

Time frame:
May 24th - Pedders Day in StL – Mike was advised at this time his car was NOT safe to drive. He drove it anyway. His comment was “I’ll have to check on the forum first”.

June 2 – car was dropped off (According to Mike) – not sure how they were expected to start without the PARTS which you were to bring.

June 3 - The work order was signed.

June 4
– Mike delivered his own parts for the car -- late afternoon. This delayed his car getting into the shop until late on Friday, June 5th. No car is put on a lift until all parts are physically in the shop (basically he missed 2 appointments that put him in the back of the line for service in the shop) MCP was waiting for him to deliver his parts – a torque converter and an oil cooler. You left this part out.

While he waited on his parts to arrive other cars were put ahead of him - including mine. Did you really think they would do nothing else while waiting on you to get the parts to them? They are a busy shop, well respected and work on many cars.

June 5-9 - The weekend was an out of town race weekend and no work is done in the shop on those weekends since racing requires a large part of the shop staff. No work began on his car until late Monday June 9th due to a late arrival back to the shop of the race crew. This was made known to everyone that had a car at MCP. MCP was going to MI!

June 9th – install started - Everything under the car required penetrate to loosen the bolts as a result of poor maintenance and abuse, the normal install took much longer than estimated.

June 13 - 2 AM – Finished another customer’s car at 2 AM. This one was MINE.

June 13 - Work was completed on his car on Friday and the car was aligned by the contract alignment shop and test driven.
He was advised to return to the shop after his out of town trip planned for June 14th so that a follow up check to make sure that nothing had occurred on his road trip. He was told to drive it 50 miles and return, he insisted on driving it to Columbus.

Mike was also advised that his exhaust had been removed in one piece, set aside and that upon reinstallation noted where it had been rubbing since it had been originally installed. It was suggested that he return to his original installer to have this adjusted since the exhaust system would have to be disassembled to correct old installation issues. He was also advised that the factory tunnel brace was missing when he took car to MCP. This was also pointed out on Pedders Day. So there was no “I’ll have them fix the exhaust” you were already told to return to whoever installed it incorrectly.

June 14th - Pedders checked out his car in OH and found a minor loose bolts and a loose hose clamp (about a ¼ turn loose) on the transmission cooler. These cooler kits are not sold by MCP they are notorious for leaking because all that holds the rubber hose tight is a small worm gear clamp. This is NOT a product that MCP would carry. It is a quality issue. When I was in OH Mike acted as if Pete was his best friend and went on and on about Pedders to others.

June 15th – Mike returned to St. Louis from Columbus

June 18th – MCP left messages and emailed for Mike to bring the car in

June 24th – Mike finally called MCP back.

June 27th – finally took the car to MCP for the original follow up appointment.

July 02 - MCP was at Gateway International Raceway - last Tuesday. Mike was in the pits with the MCP car & crew and was all about MCP. Telling folks that were looking at the car how great the shop is. MCP ran 12.4 @ 111.

Now I am sure I could go search and find that you were racing this car every weekend and every Tuesday during all this. But I do have other things to do.

If you look at YOUR pic – that you just happen to have a camera to take a pic of a missing nut - there is rust and road wear on the end, but you can see where there WAS a nut. Am I saying you took it off --- HELL NO!!! I am saying there WAS a nut there. Did it work itself off? Maybe. But it WAS there. Maybe you should have taken it BACK after 50 miles as instructed.

As a note: The bolts that are included in the photos are lower shock bolts. Although these bolts have nuts on them, they pose no safety hazard since the strut and shock have tension and compression holding the unit tight.

There WAS a real danger to metgo at Pedders Day and he chose to ignore it until he could "talk to the people on the forum". His words to ME.

MCP has a quality control program to eliminate these issues. A mechanic does the work. Another mechanic checks the work. They send the car to the contract alignment shop for alignment. Then test drive the car and place the car back on the lift to check all work.

You go on and on about the tranny fluid. But if I am not mistaken the ONLY way to check the true level on our cars is at a dealer with a $5k specialized code reading machine. We don’t have a “dip stick”. I know there was no machine at OH. Even MCP takes their Charger to a Dodge dealer to get it checked.

2 weeks ago – Hmmm they told you to bring it back so they could torque everything. Did you? No. But did you run it at the track --- YEP!

You didn’t put yourself at risk with this… but you did before and were ok with it. NOW you are suddenly concerned with safety??? You have made some poor choices when it comes to the maintenance on your car. In your words, “Only my 0-60 time matters”. That has been your focus, not a safe or maintained car.

Do any of you REALLY think I would take my car to somewhere that is not THE BEST? That I would put their NAME on my signature or on my car??? Come on now.

I’m sorry Mike is not happy. I hate to say it, but I believe he has other motives. Those have become apparent. I’m also not going to get into a pissing contest. But praising MCP in person and at the track while playing with the big boys then doing this……… what the hell? This is a real racing team – one of their cars runs 8’s – for FUN.

I’m thrilled with both Pedders AND MCP.

Let me say it again…

I’m thrilled with both Pedders AND MCP.

My car not only LOOKS amazing but RIDES and drives amazing. Pedders is soooo worth it. MCP did a fantastic job on my Pedders install, my Corsa/Kooks/CAI install and will do so again on my ProCharger install as well as Pedders front end bushings.

I’m sorry Mike has issues here, these should have been handled in a professional manner not by trying to get some attention on line. IMHO. You should have picked up the phone as I told you many times during your install week. More than once I said, “call them and ask them”. It's less than 5 miles from where we live - you could have just gone to the shop.

It amazes me that beer drinkers get “beer muscles” it must be that people on line get IP muscles. Because outside of the keyboard --- it is a MUCH different story on this one. But it has sure gotten you a lot of attention. Next time, please, present ALL the facts. You have slammed a HIGH END, top of the line vendor that really didn't deserve it. All this drama....

· Premium Member
186 Posts

You are sooooooo out of line. Your car was not on display for Pedders. NO vendor would put your car on display - it is nasty! DIRTY! The inside is a wreck!

My car was on display for Pedders on Sunday - the big RED Charger sitting in front of their tent.... I was asked to have them display it on Saturday, but it was Corsa's feature car.

You SUCK at facts! You just dream this **** up????

By the way, Pedders did send me new front end bushing for allowing my car to be on display and driven by someone in OH to see how it handled. He thanked me a million times.

Maybe you just dreamt it was on display?

· Registered
15 Posts
Communication...The Key to Satisfaction

This seems to me to be an install quality issue, and a communications issue.
The communications issue started from the get-go; from what I read, I would assume that the shop thought Metgo had the torque converter for Day 1, and Metgo assumed the shop had the kit parts for Day 1. They both may have discussed this on the morning of Day 1, and Metgo chose to leave the car.

This isn't like an unscheduled maintenance - hey, my car is broke, fix it. Without the parts on-hand, there's no need for the shop to keep the car, or for Metgo to leave the car. In my view, Metgo and the shop should have maintained communication until both had the necessary parts to move forward; then make the appointment. Even of the shop had an airbill number to track the shipment, it's coming from, well, down under, so it has to clear customs; timely delivery cannot be guaranteed.

Pedders, nor Pete, are responsible for the torque converter/transmission cooler line issues; they don't really belong in a Pedders review (although it was nice of them to tell Metgo there was an issue at the time it was observed).

How many of us have had quality issues with our Dodge dealer, and this could be any number of them! Yet none of us, to my knoweldge, are subtly (or otherwise) knocking on corporate Dodge's door for renumeration from these bad dealer experiences. Why is Pedders any different? Ford used to advertise that 'Quality is Job 1', yet they never made payouts for bad dealership services.

Someone checking the integrity of your installation on their back with the car on ramps is extremely limited in what can be checked. That check really needed to be done in the air, wheels off. I don't know what dynamics were at play that this became the best solution at the time; it should have been done differently if it were possible to do so.

I can say that I have been driving for more than 30+ years (specifics aren't relevant). Driving a Pedderized (Trac-II) Charger has been the most enjoyable drive in all my years of driving (and we're not talking a trip around the block - several hundred miles). Given the money and an appropriate vehicle, I would not hesitate to Pedderize it.

However, I definitely would not use your local shop to complete this work. Regardless of wherer it was done, I would take full advantage of greater communication opportunities and utilizing the 'Open-shop' policy while your car is being Pedderized (preferably with a mechanic friend or relative).

It isn't Pedders or Pete that has let you down - it is the local shop. Pedders can certainly take your input and disqualify the shop, but I am not privy to their legal arrangements; I can't say that it can legally be done. Better communication (orally, not via PM's or E-mail) would have been far better communication methods, and certainly allowed you to be more direct about your expectations or desires.

And to clear up any questions that may arise from this post... I am not a Pedders dealer, distributor, agent, or employee; I am not a Dodge dealer, distributor, agent, or employee; I am not an owner or employee of a business engaged with or by Pedders or Dodge; I do not own a Pedderized Charger; I do not own a Charger. And don;t waste your time looking for any of my previous posts - this is my first.

Let the flames begin!

· Registered
541 Posts
How many of us have had quality issues with our Dodge dealer, and this could be any number of them! Yet none of us, to my knoweldge, are subtly (or otherwise) knocking on corporate Dodge's door for renumeration from these bad dealer experiences. Why is Pedders any different? Ford used to advertise that 'Quality is Job 1', yet they never made payouts for bad dealership services.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

· Registered
28 Posts
Just some personal thoughts on this.

It seems incredibly short sighted to say that you are not going to use a vendor based upon one person's review. You've got 2 extremely different versions here, so who to believe? IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER.

If you are unsure which set of events is reliable, do your own research don't rely solely on this forum. It's tough to translate real emotion from a forum post to the real world. Call the vendor yourself. Call the install shop yourself. get a sense of how they operate. If you are still unsure, heck, drive down to the shop and ask to see some of their work. If they stand behind their work I seriously doubt they would have a problem with you looking at their products.

But to write-off a vendor based on a bad review is nuts IMO. Reviews are only good for general information, regardless of how comprehensively it was written. If you really want the full picture you've got to do the legwork.

I'm not affiliated with any vendors and am not for or against either party in this thread.

Just my .02.

· Registered
2,963 Posts
i cant comment on ford cause i have never owned one, nor can anyone here LEGITAMENTLY search all records to see if labor or any funds were refunded due to crap service... lets be realistic. i am sure you can find a handful where this has occured...

as far as dodge goes....

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65435&highlight=stetler

thats one that happened locally that i remember.

in the regional forums there are plenty of posts that can be searched of people ranting about their local dealers....some things ARE taken to the corporate level of sorts, hence the reason why some Tech Service Bulletins, now exist. people pushed for them, naturally when theres a prob, it has to be pushed for, verified, then they fix it...usually free.

there are a few posts that have also shown where the shop was at fault they offered a couple of oil changes free of charge or service discounts. (note that i did not say give back a full 1.5K in duckets, the service was done, however just not to complete finish - arent those nuts and bolts supposed to be set with a torque wrench anyway?????????????????????????? )

with that being said, normally the remedy if nothing is resolved is to go elsewhere. same with my local dealer, some of their prices are rediculous, i either DIY (i wasnt gonna pay 160$ for a spoiler install, when i can drill 4 holes myself) or make an appointment else where or HHPRacing (dont have the lift, or means to lower a subframe for a rear swaybar install).

pedders isnt any different. as said and viewable by many, JP's replys arent the most "customer service" like. maybe DC or Baltimore DMV/MVA style, but i've seen worse, and i've experienced far better than what has been shown.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.