Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Love the new car and all I've wanted to do for the past two weeks is drive the Daytona :grin: . But I finally got a chance to get my '70 out of the garage and get some pics with the newest addition to the 'fleet'. Love driving both of them but the '70 deserves a bit of a break I've been beating on it for well over 20 years now, guess maybe it's the Daytonas turn for the next few.
As you can see from the '70 a few mod's may be in the Daytonas' future. Though not too much, because it's going to be a daily commuter into Manhattan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Welcome to the Forums from Massachusetts, SWEEEEEET looking rides you got there.

Tom

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is really sweet. Not one, but two Plum Crazy Chargers. You actually drive the '70 Charger on the street? It looks like it's setup for the dragstrip. Anyway, welcome to the forum from Western NY.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
from Illinois!

Very nice rides!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the compliments.

I drive the '70 as much as possible. As a matter of fact I drove it 3 hours to a show just a few years ago. I wouldn't do that again with the price of gas, since it only gets about 4-5 MPG now.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
welcome to the forums blah blah blah
nice rides blah blah blah
come meet us in a dark alley....\bring both cars....
we hate you now you know...
lol

JUST KIDDING! Nice rides man. Seriously. We do hate you now. LOL J/K Seriously. Lovin that 70.

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dude, that is SWEET! How does the paint match up? Are the two purples exact? close? Congrats on 2 very nice rides!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
2purplechargers, please post up some links or full size pictures so we can properly admire your collection

Tom

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice rides, we did the same thing after we bought our 1970 Charger. Except we couldn't get the same color. I love collecting mopars, but our Charger is not as fast as yours.The new Chargers and the old ones look sooooo good together. Sweet Rides

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Can I just say I am insanely jealous!!! WOW thats soooooo cool.... Welcome
and post more pics!!!!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Welcome from Central Illinois!

NICE cars by the way.

Your '70 looks familiar. Was it by chance featured in an issue of either Mopar Muscle or Mopar Action sometime in the early '90s?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Black Charger
Good memory, it was in Mopar Action in the mid 90's. Had a tunnel ram with a six-pack setup at the time.
The Bulldog #57
My '70 was a Top Banana yellow car once upon a time. Painted it purple way back before everyone started painting their Mopars purple. Also had the blower way before "Fast & Furious".
69&07Chargers
The '70 is actually painted a purple very close to PlumCrazy but without the metalics. Had it painted PC for a while and hated the way it looked under the yellowish street light NYC had at the time (looked brown at night). The color it is right now shifts from blue to pale purple and everything in between. The '07 color is a bit darker than my buddys PC '70 six pack GTX though, and we always thought his was a couple of shades too dark.
Ladybreeanna & SublimeInMA
Here's a couple of more pics. Don't really have all that many, most are pre-digital camera.

Thanks all for the warm welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
You're my hero... Nice rides.

·
Registered
243 Posts
MAN! You owe me a new key board! I just drooled all over it. Welcome and nice rides by the way.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Very nice cars you have there 2purpleChargers! I believe that you owe me a new keyboard too!

So, without further ado...Welcome to this nuthouse we affectionately know as Chargerforums! Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts