1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Very NICE!!!! Good work.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
wow!! looks great man....i bet you have been taping that thing for days!!!!!! looks great. have you shot it with clear coat over the entire cover or just the painted spots? i am in limbo with my cover...i still need my decals and my chrome pieces that are all floating away to the gulf.

oh and to keep ahead of everyone....i decided to try something to see what it would look like. take a look at the plastic pieces (there are 2) that are under the stock hood prop (or near under)...those come right out. i painted them to match the engine cover....it looks bad ass with the engine cover and cai....but alas no pics b/c i don't have that damn cable to go between the computer and digital camera...it is floating right now...wonder what else i forgot?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey GoDaddy...so you recommend a clear coat?

And those plastic parts you speak of, are they the round (about 5 - 6 in diameter to the left and right of the engine? I guess they cover the shocks..is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
382 Posts
dagummit said:
And those plastic parts you speak of, are they the round (about 5 - 6 in diameter to the left and right of the engine? I guess they cover the shocks..is that what you are talking about?
I think he's talking about the two strips way up front. The ones you take off to get at the grill screws.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yes sir brad... those are the ones. up by the oem hood prop.

dag, as far as the clearcoat - i went with a clear coat all the way across the cover and the top pieces that we painted the 5.7 lettering....i covered it all with clear coat including the ram emblem to try and prevent any scratches....easier to fix clearcoat then paint....i was really worried about it though b/c some had said they had a fuzzy look....if you spray even and DONOT spray too much at a time you should be golden. just be careful...not telling you to go do it though...brad did you use a clear coat?????? or some type of top finish? my cans are probably floating but i used a duplicolor clear coat that made it all shine beautiful and didn't add any fuzziness. ask bstowers (aka brad) if he used a clear.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
I did not clear coat, but I did use the high temp paint. If I was going to keep it this way, I would clear coat it, but I'm probably going to redo it to body color and flat black (center) pretty soon. Trying to figure out how many of those little touch-up bottles I'll need to buy for my air brush. :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
using a testor airbrush? and boredom is a killer.....next month it will be....... :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cool, i had a testor and loved it...ok taking family to restaurant to get out of the hotel....talk to you later brother..

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
its going to take years man!!! lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
great job...looks great!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to everyone's comments...

To you all airbrushers out there....I bet some blue flames would look badass. I bought about 4 cans of high temp blue for this damn thing....and as I changed my colors, I thought that the lighter blue would make for some good flames...

Is that sh!t hard to learn? The last time that I touched an airbruch anything was in 9th grade art class.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dagummit said:
Thanks to everyone's comments...

To you all airbrushers out there....I bet some blue flames would look badass. I bought about 4 cans of high temp blue for this damn thing....and as I changed my colors, I thought that the lighter blue would make for some good flames...

Is that sh!t hard to learn? The last time that I touched an airbruch anything was in 9th grade art class.

Oh yeah, that was in '89-'90, so it has been a while...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts