Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have had the Charger for one week and I must say, I love it. I must admit that I have been driving it like a grandma on her way to church. I just have not had the opportunity to open her up:(

I am a little disappointed in that I have not been challenged at a stop or red light. (Not that I would have accepted mind you). What I have noticed is I get a lot of looks from the Law Enforcement Officers. I suppose because my car is white, some of them are checking to see if I'm marked. All have been driving Crown Vics and I think part of it is jelousy:grin:

I really can't say I have any complaints. It did take a few drives just to get use to the size and weight of the car. I need to allow a few extra feet for braking. Also, it does have a blind spot, but each time I drive it, I'm getting more comfortable with that.

Starting to plan some mods. First will be hood struts, then CAI, then window tint.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Congratulations on the R/T, you'll enjoy it a lot, trying finding an on ramp and doing a WOT, lots of fun there. Although you may want to inoculated for moditis as soon as you can if I were you.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Congratulations. Let the modding begin, then post some pix.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
that moditis is a real sonofabi..........yeah. Do one mod, then comes another, and another, and another...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Which is why you need to be inoculated early, thats your best chance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Head up towards the Hardy toll road, ne of houston..you'll get challenged a bunch ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Also, it does have a blind spot, but each time I drive it, I'm getting more comfortable with that.
If you are unaware, please search for blindspot solution or similar wording.
One thread/link instructs you how to setup your mirrors to eliminate blindspots. I tried it on my charger and have not gone back to my original mirror positions. no more issues. well the only issue is having to lean to the driver glass to see any cars that are farther back (double checking) but should really see them in my rearview mirror. hope that helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glad you like it. I've had mine for a month and really can't find any complaints either. Except how quiet the exhaust is stock, but that won't be a problem after tomorrow. Good luck with it...

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
blind spots

I have my side view mirrors set properly to reduce the blind spots, but I also highly recommend getting some 2" stick-on spot mirrors to put in the upper-outside corners of your side mirrors. They take a little time to get used to, but help a LOT for me. They especially help for backing. I used to drive a tractor-trailer, though, so I got used to having lots of mirrors!

Some people prefer the 3" mirrors (I think they're too big), but I've found the 1" ones are nearly useless, especially in the dark. (x2 esp. in the dark and rain!)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
25 months XL, and I still can't believe I finally made an outstanding choice in vehicles.
The hook is in now brother, so just enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i drove a suburban, so the blind spots dont bother me. at first it was odd. but i got used to it fast. you just get a feel for where you are.

i always. ALWAYS look over my shoulder before changing lanes unless ive been paying a lotta attention before hand(in more spirited driving)

however, knowing how to properly set your mirrors is one very important thing. i see so many people drive where you can see half your own car in the mirror. what the hell do you need taht in your mirror for?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
You will get use to it takes time like tyeing your shoe for the first time lol... well not that long but enjoy and have lot's of fun with it , keep it clean .

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
What I have noticed is I get a lot of looks from the Law Enforcement Officers.
Even with as loud as my car is, and as many times as I have got on it, I have never been pulled over in my car. I guess the cops around me just like the chargers that much :grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts