Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I reallyu love dodge cars but i dont know which car will be next Im my dad wants to but me the new challenger but I want the 2007 lancer evo9 mr cause itts faster and has better grip than a challenger. my uncle has the evo 9+ mr and tuned it up with 2000 dlrs and its making 4.2 sec 0 to 60mph and 10.856 on 1/4mile I know it looks kind of imposible but its true.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Huh??????????

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm thinking young man from Mexico trying to learn English.....
I think dad should not buy the youngster such a fast car for first ride.
I 'm not sure its a good idea to spoil kids wether you can afford it or not.

·
Registered
928 Posts
x2 .

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah right. Ask Hulk Hogan what his kid did with his first fast car. The passenger is still in a coma.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hands down if you can afford to get a challenger that is what I would get because everyone is going to want that car.
thanks,
spittle

·
Registered
293 Posts
whats funny about those Evo's is that they already come factory tuned out. if you put money into them they run the risk of BOOM. just buy a charger and be set.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
hey guys I reallyu love dodge cars but i dont know which car will be next Im my dad wants to but me the new challenger but I want the 2007 lancer evo9 mr cause itts faster and has better grip than a challenger. my uncle has the evo 9+ mr and tuned it up with 2000 dlrs and its making 4.2 sec 0 to 60mph and 10.856 on 1/4mile I know it looks kind of imposible but its true.
Ok there is no way that your uncle dumped $2,000 and is now doing 10.856 in the 1/4 mile thats impossible. As it is I think the Evo is a mid 13 second car stock, I am not even hating on imports, I am an import fanatic but there is no way he is getting these numbers by only spending $2,000, an upgraded turbo alone will cost you more than 2Gs. If it only took that much money to get those times everyone will be buying evo's I would trade in my R/T in a heart beat. Also the last U.S. Evo made was in 2006, there is no Evo that sold in the U.S. that is a 2007. As for the the grip it is does have more grip but thats because its AWD. I'm sorry there is now way that he could do this, unless he received every major part on his car for free (upgraded turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, intake, exhaust, turbo cams, head work, fuel pump, injectors, AEM programmable ecu, intercooler, aftermarket clutch, free dyno time).

Which Challenger are we talking about here the SRT8 or the R/T? As it is I raced an evo that had an aftermarket exhaust (which was the only noticible thing that I could tell that it had) on the freeway (I know if it had been from a dead stop it would have been a different story) the Evo couldn't pass me up, I also didnt down shift, I just stomped on the gas so it stayed in a higher gear intsead of dropping to a lower one. So there shouldnt be any reason why the Challenger would have a problem beating the evo (at least on the freeway) it may just be right there with the evo at a dead stop I am assuming that the Challenger will be alot lighter than the Charger, and if its the SRT8 forget about it, no Challenge.

Again I am not being buyest just cause I own a charger I love imports, before I owned my dodge I previously had an Acura RSX Type-S and a Civic SI with a JDM Type-R Swap. I one day hope to own an Evo myself maybe when the new Evo X comes out, that way the Evo 9's "2006" will be way cheaper.

·
Registered
898 Posts
+1
he has been starting threads like crazy the last few days and no one gets what he says, i guess he's still thinking in spanish when typing :knockout:

·
Registered
898 Posts
btw he said in another thread that his dad gave him an evo now he says its his uncles car...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Right it seems like he really dosen't know what he is talking about, especially when he says that by investing $2,000 into a MR EVO will get you into the high 10's in the quarter mile lol right.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Right it seems like he really dosen't know what he is talking about, especially when he says that by investing $2,000 into a MR EVO will get you into the high 10's in the quarter mile lol right.
maybe it was 2000 pesos....:dead:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
ill bet it was $2000 US, down in mexico thats like $20k so yeah, i would believe the 10s run.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Translation:

Hello Forum members. I really admire Dodge cars, however I am not certain which automobile I will purchase next.

My father and I both want to purchase the upcoming Dodge Challenger, but I prefer the 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO9 because, in my opinion it's a faster car and has better grip than the Challenger (interjection: Challenger's were obviously released in Mexico some time ago).

My uncle has an EVO9, and it's tuned with (edited for content), thus allowing the car to accelerate from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Although it seems highly improbable, the car is capable of reaching the 1/4 mile mark 10.856 seconds.

Gracias.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Translation:

Hello Forum members. I really admire Dodge cars, however I am not certain which automobile I will purchase next.

My father and I both want to purchase the upcoming Dodge Challenger, but I prefer the 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO9 because, in my opinion it's a faster car and has better grip than the Challenger (interjection: Challenger's were obviously released in Mexico some time ago).

My uncle has an EVO9, and it's tuned with (edited for content), thus allowing the car to accelerate from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Although it seems highly improbable, the car is capable of reaching the 1/4 mile mark 10.856 seconds.

Gracias.

LLLOOLLL the gracias at the end really got me. i almost fell onto the floor :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts