Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This intake took me about 4 hours to install. The bottom of the car's plastic cover has to be removed to install the down pipe to the inside of the front bumper. This is truly the "real" Cold air intake system and not just a filter in the box. There is a clear difference in horsepower increase for the stock breather. I like this CAI because it covers the filter and follows the lines of the car. It'l run you about $375 shipped but well worth it. :clap:

Next Mod: Exhaust What are your thoughts on Zoomers?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
do you have a sound clip? exhaust - borla 125's all the way!!!! i have a sound clip if you want one...it is pretty good. making a better one this weekend..just pm me your email address and you can compare that to the zoomer video...only have a start and rev....again this weekend doing a new one and then a passby.....

we need to get bstower to host a video of the borla 125's bstower you up for it brother????

·
Registered
382 Posts
GoDaddy said:
we need to get bstower to host a video of the borla 125's bstower you up for it brother????
If we can keep it reasonably small. I actually did one of mine but didn't like the way it turned out, so I didn't post it. If you've got one you like, send it to me and I can edit it down (I'll butcher the video quality, but try to keep the sound quality).

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i can do it from 1 mb up to 10mb....right now i have one that is pretty decent at 2.87mb....only problem is that my dang camera was fogging up so it has a fog like mist around it...the humidity here was unbelievable yesterday...i was breathing soup for god's sake! let me know man i can email it to you and see what you think. i can get it smaller though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Nice Sound. I think the Borla sounds more Deep than the Zoomers.....How is the Cabin Noise? (Inside the car)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
there is some cabin noise right at 2000 rpms but other than that it really isn't bad....it is very aggressive sounding...i will get the pass by tomorrow, i am taking the kids to a dirt track to watch some stock car racing. it is awesome on the passby at wot....you will love it.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey Butter,
Is the box made of ABS plastic? Do you think it would take some GoMango orange paint very well?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I like the looks of that intake man! :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose the GOMango paint would look sweet. Good Idea, but since I didnt think of it, I can't do that now. Not much for taking others ideas ya know. Appreciate the complement.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
littleJohnnyfromNJ said:
OK... now I'm depressed.... I have the K&N CAI on order - - was stoked about it until I saw the Volant.... now THAT looks nicely doen... kudos
Thanks Man for the complement! K&N looks good too! I got this one cuz the only one they make CLOSED in is this one. They claim that with the box closed and two long tubes to draw air from that it increases the air pressure into the block and thus increases the horsepower.

Godd luck with yours!

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts