Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so.... the doofus over at my wheel guys warehouse cant find the 4th in a set of the rims i want.. so im prolly gonna have to wait til next mon/tues to get oen shipped from cali cuz of the holidays.

driv royales:

and

hankook ventus K106 (i think it was 106's at least...)
http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=127

theyres 20"x8.5 wheels. tires are 275/40. on all 4.

i cant wait to get these babies on!

paying like 1900 out the door.

will post pics along with my newly painted all BLACK brake calipers. should go well with the chrome! when i get them on next week. (sooner if they find the last wheel)

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice wheels. 20's I am assuming?
yep, 20x8.5 with 275/40 tires.
edited into main.

stopped at 20's cuz im not sacraficing any more performance ;)

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
edited into main.

Just out of curiosity. I wonder what the weight difference and performance loss would be if you went with 22's?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish i knew all the details well enough to even try to quote.

but its physics and i know enough to know that bigger = slower and 20's look great lol.

·
Registered
581 Posts
if i may inquire why you want to run a 275/40? that is almost an 11" wide tire and you are getting 8.5" wide wheels....

contact me for some more info... [email protected]

edited into main.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
my recomendation is 255x45x20...

thats what we use for dealerships....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
even on jsut 20's it will rub up front?
he told me he puts 275/40's on a lotta chargers and they do fine.

theyre only 8.5" wide.

2 guys there were tellin me i ought to go 275/40 instead of 255/45 when i said thats what i was thinkin.

these guys know their **** too. he can tell you every different tire style and the sizes it coems in.. ever.. and rims.. lol. he blows my mind.

do you know something he does?

and at your PM underthetable.... no. im buying from my family friend. idk how you can ship at that price cuz hes selling em to me at hhis cost plus a few % comin out to like 1900.

but really. how sure are we on 275's rubbin?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I Got The Hook Up! =0)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Honestly, I Have Done A Lot Of Mht Wheels And They Always Seem To Be Right On The Border Of Of Offset... Its Usually Really Clost To The Lowest It Can Be...

Do You Know What The Offest Is On The Wheels You Are Getting? They Should Be A +15 And If You Are Running A 275 You Should Be At About A +17 Minimum. You Can Get Away With A 265, But It Will Still Balloon A Little....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he just called it "mid" offset.

ill give em a call tomarrow and see what the word is, thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
check the recomendation on tire rack or americas tires or something... you dont have to take my word for it.

and i dont know if you plan on lowering it, but if you are....MAJOR issues!

just a heads up man, looking out.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
even on jsut 20's it will rub up front?
he told me he puts 275/40's on a lotta chargers and they do fine.

theyre only 8.5" wide.

2 guys there were tellin me i ought to go 275/40 instead of 255/45 when i said thats what i was thinkin.

these guys know their **** too. he can tell you every different tire style and the sizes it coems in.. ever.. and rims.. lol. he blows my mind.

do you know something he does?

and at your PM underthetable.... no. im buying from my family friend. idk how you can ship at that price cuz hes selling em to me at hhis cost plus a few % comin out to like 1900.

but really. how sure are we on 275's rubbin?
I would definitely go with 255/45s on this one, but thats just me. I cant say for sure if they will rub up front or not, but why would you want such a wide set of tires up front??? If anything, stagger the tires. I just hooked up HemiPowered5700 with staggered tires on a set of 20 x 8.5s and hes running a 255/45 up front and a 285/40 in back, looks nice all around and he doesnt have a super wide tire in front. I would imagine these tires will be really close to rubbing if they dont already.

As for the second bolded statement.... you'd be surprised for what wheels REALLY go for in this world. Your boy is still making out on the deal at $1,900 out the door, and if he's not, then his suppliers are making out on him for sure. Im not trying to say he's banking on you, but hes making a few hundred off the deal at least. I dont know what price UnderTheTable offered you on stuff, but if it was lower than $1,900 dont be all surprised.... thats what wheel and tire setups SHOULD cost. You'd be surprised as to what I can get stuff for, whether its regular brands or even real high end stuff. You just gotta know the right people to get good deals. :wink:

-Pat

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i promise you these are the right people.

i coulda got some axis wheels he said he sells to people for 2700+ depending on tires for 2,002$ out the door.. but there was a bit of extra hookup on that one.

i dont mind paying a few extra hundred bucks to some one who is local. who i trust. who... if something ****s up will have my back 100% and do everything in his power to make it right. and who is a friend of the family

and underthetable chopped off 50 bucks ;) which aint really... anything... and they wouldnt be mounted or nothin

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well, then its totally your choice and I understand your reasoning. I am fortunate enough to have my connection relatively local to me (probably about 45 minutes to an hour). However, he does a lot of internet business so shipping them out and whatnot is no biggie whatsoever. Obviously you'd have to take my word for it that he's a genuine guy but we wall know how that goes.

Either way, Im glad you're happy with things because that's how it should be. I dont mind paying a few extra bucks either if it means I can deal with a reputable source with things. All Im saying is that things could be had at a cheaper price. be sure to throw up some pics when you're done!

-Pat

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you know i will brother.

and ill have my solid black painted calipers behind em.

im really stoked i went with chrome(only option on these wheels) instead of black and polished on some other sets i was lookin at. it will really let the calipers shine thru. especially with the 3 clear coats on em :)

is it safe to wax and or polish calipers? btw

oh, and im gonna be calling my wheel guy tomarrow to discuss the tire size issue. hes been in his shop at a different location in town so he wasnt takin calls today.

will something like a spacer fix the problem?
i know 275 is really wide up front. and for performance a lil thinner is prolly better.
.but with tires that only go one way... and a tire offset... you cant rotate at all.... and im worried if that will ruin the life of my tires...

maybe i should go 255's all around... or 65's

(sorry for my drawn ot posts. all my friends give me a hard time cuz when i tell stories and talk on end at a time its been dubbed the "stream of conciousness speach" hah)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts