Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New honeycomb Insert! I go to order it... and parts girl said" OMG I have five in stock! $40.00. Looks great! Now all I need a RT badge! :whistle:

Jason :happy:

·
Registered
21 Posts
does anyone know if the honey comb grill can be chromed? or if their is an after market crhome honeycomb? I'm waitng for an SRT-Bkack, but I think a nice chrome grill would look great, and what about the SRT badge, If I change the grille what will happen to the SRT badge?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think it is hilarious that some of the SRT guys want Chrome while some of the R/T guys want color-keyed! We always want what we don't have, don't we??? I have an R/T and I would LOOOOVVVE a color-keyed front grill... (Inferno Red)

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I have a couple of new Chrome take out grills from R/T's if anyone is interested. I am probably going to put them on ebay eventually.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SRT8-KYLE said:
does anyone know if the honey comb grill can be chromed? or if their is an after market crhome honeycomb? I'm waitng for an SRT-Bkack, but I think a nice chrome grill would look great, and what about the SRT badge, If I change the grille what will happen to the SRT badge?
SRT8-KYLE,
I will trade you my Crome Cross Grill for your Black one off your SRT-8 when you get it!!!

littleJohnnyfromNJ,
I think is funny too...

autoguy,
Do you have them in Black?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I only have the chrome ones from the R/T's as of now.

I might get more as I install new grills in these cars in the future. When and if I get any colored ones I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered the grille insert off of leeparts along with an R/T badge. It should be showing up tomorrow. I'm justwondering what to expect. How did the install go? Quick and easy?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NOT EASY!!!! The way they have you taking off the WHOLE front end for four screws! I made a tool (small cross screw driver to get to the two outside screws!!) I can send it to you if you want! lol

Jason

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
the entire front bumper....it was a pain in butt...just alot of process...not hard at all....but i found out that there is an easier way.....do a search and a guy did it without taking off the bumper...just have to be able to get under the car i guess....me - i took the whold dang thing off, but i love the look.

i got my 1970 chrome dodge charger emblem in and put it on the honeycomb - love the look but i ended up moving it over for the red r/t emblem i am going to order...true 1970 total look on the front end.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was not easy for me! (laughing) I wanted to hit a mustang, I was so fustrated! :mad:

I stopped half way through taking off the front end! (not just the bumper... the whole nose of the car is part of the bummper) I made that tool... four screws and the grille came right out!!!!I t would have taken 10 mins if I though of making that little tool from the get go! :happy:

Jason

·
Registered
619 Posts
i have been thinking of going this way also. do you think you could get a couple more pics of the grille at different angles and more light; PLEEEEASE? i havent seen one on a black car; which i have; and need to see if this is something for me. thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rogelio aguilera,

Sure I will go out and pull my car in the garage and snap a few pics for you... LOOKS WAY BETTER!!!! I will be back in a few! :happy:

Jason

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Charger_R/T said:
You can get R/T badge from www.leeparts.com ask for Brian and tell him Hal referred you. He will take good care of you.
Yea I will call brian and tell him that everyone is refering him to get grill R/T badges but all you will get is the rear R/T badge with adhisive backing. I called them twice no call back and no resolve I will call again tomorrow and see if they tell me something different then this is all Dodge has come out with. I know other people have got the grill badge with the bolt inserts on the rear so until Leeparts fixes my problem I will not refer them anymore.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rogelio aguilera,

Here they are!

Jason :happy:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jayman like the honeycomb just 40.00 bucks? I must look into this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
OK Where did you get the insert and how much. That looks sweet on the Black Charger. I have a nice big RT badge on the standard grill that is begging for that black honeycomb.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the grille insert at Gulf Coast Dodge! (239-415-2147) Ask for Irene in the speed shop! Shes great! That have four left in stock! :happy:
39.00 + tax

Jason

1 - 20 of 62 Posts