Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!
I recently got my first car, a 2014 Dodge Charger SXT+

I've got the Navigation option, Leather seats, heated seats/wheel, chrome 20" wheels, spoiler, and some other stuff. I have the base 200 watt Alpine system, and I think I'm beginning to blow the rear speakers/subs already. I've only had it for about a week!

The car is a lease, so whatever mods I do has to be relatively cost effective and easy to remove in a hurry :p

Any ideas on what to do to my ? I was thinking plastidip grille and bumper to look like the SRT front end, plastidip the wheels, and tinting the lights and windows. I also wanted to possibly put stripes on the rocker panels, vinyl wrap the roof and spoiler black, and put C stripes on the hood. I'd really appreciate some other opinions and/or ideas.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
Looks good, glad you decided to get one with a spoiler on it!

Those sound like good mods!

I love how the white SRT8 looks, and I would have got one, but was out of my budget as well!

I am leasing mine also, so not sure what mods I will do on mine either. The good thing about the lease, is that after the 3 years if you still like it, you can buy it and keep it. You can also trade it in and get another.

Tinted windows are NOT an option to go without here in TX, so I had that done first not long after I got mine!

You might look into the 75 cent mod:

.75 Cent Interior Mod? Say What?

You would usually go with the same color as your exterior, but feel free to chose any color you like!

Also, since you are new, welcome to the forums! Feel free to browse anywhere, but you will probably be spending more time in here:

Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up)

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Welcome aboard. One thing we're really good at here is spending your money. Your car looks just like my last one started. Here is what it looked like before I sold it...

I swapped the chrome rims for Challenger rims (I don't care for chrome), tinted the windows, added louvers, body decals, black rocker panels, black spoiler, black grille and red calipers.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I'm going to go full storm trooper, maybe just a black grille. Tints are a necessity, I'm also contemplating blue vinyl work
More ideas? :)
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I edited out your pics because in my humble opinion they were tantamount to advertising for another forum.

Feel free to post any pics you want that don't blatantly reference another forum.

Maybe upload your pics to photobucket...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I edited out your pics because in my humble opinion they were tantamount to advertising for another forum.

Feel free to post any pics you want that don't blatantly reference another forum.

Maybe upload your pics to photobucket...
I got rid of the logo and reuploaded.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome from the Toronto!

And congrats for the great and nice looking car!
You will absolutely like it!

I (but this personal choice) wouldn't go to SRT look with pd'ing the bumper, but the grill and rims - yes, sure.
Take a look at the Shot's Charger (the previous one) and the Powerman's.
He added black chin spoiler - looks cool on the white Charger.

Forgot to mention:
Interior "upgrade" that is must:
Rubber floor matts by Mopar - probably less useful than Husky's or Weathertech's, but there is white 'Charger" lettering.
Rubber trunk liner - here, imo, the Husky is the best.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from the Toronto!

And congrats for the great and nice looking car!
You will absolutely like it!

I (but this personal choice) wouldn't go to SRT look with pd'ing the bumper, but the grill and rims - yes, sure.
Take a look at the Shot's Charger (the previous one) and the Powerman's.
He added black chin spoiler - looks cool on the white Charger.

Forgot to mention:
Interior "upgrade" that is must:
Rubber floor matts by Mopar - probably less useful than Husky's or Weathertech's, but there is white 'Charger" lettering.
Rubber trunk liner - here, imo, the Husky is the best.

Thanks for the info man!
I originally wanted a beige or red interior, but I got black because that's what the dealer could get his hands on. Black with white stitches seats looks nice, but the footwell plastics get scuffed and dirty SO fast. Mats are a good idea!

So what I'm thinking is the best route at this point is the chin spoiler, pd grille, possible PD gloss wheels and spoiler, tints, mats, CAI, and maybe an exhaust. I wanted to lower it, but the car has already bottomed out a couple times- that's asking for trouble!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I put a chin spoiler on my '14, and they're really nice. You'll like it. You also previously mentioned tinting the tails. I also did them on my '14, but here's a chop of them on my '12 without the black spoiler (another thread with a white charger asked about tinted tails). Either partially uncoated like this, or completely coated, I think it's a nice touch on a white car.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put a chin spoiler on my '14j, and they're really nice. You'll like it. You also previously mentioned tinting the tails. I also did them on my '14, but here's a chop of them on my '12 without the black spoiler (another thread with a white charger asked about tinted tails). Either partially uncoated like this, or completely coated, I think it's a nice touch on a white car.

Nice car man!
Do you have a picture of the chin spoiler?
How does the rear light look at night tinted?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is this your first car or first "new car" if so howd u get a fully loaded charger for ur first car and how much did you get it for i know cars a marked up incali

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I didn't have the chin spoiler on the '12, but I do have pictures of it on my '14 (gray) if you want to see them.

And here's a shot of the tinted tails at night...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this your first car or first "new car" if so howd u get a fully loaded charger for ur first car and how much did you get it for i know cars a marked up incali

It's my first car.

MSRP was a bit over $35, and I believe our cost out-the-door would be $26k if we were purchasing/financing. We ended up doing a 36 month lease- comes out to a bit over $350 a month including tax, zero drive offs, 12k miles, free LoJack, couple of free oil changes. Pretty good deal, thankfully, since I'm paying for a lot of it myself :eek:
My insurance went down $3 a month too, somehow.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Congratulations man! A charger is an awesome first car. The a 2009 3.5 SXT charger was my first car years ago, upgraded to the hemi and stayed in the charger family.

Your mod ideas sound good! Lighting is another thing to consider and it's easy to remove if you don't want to keep the car. HID lights are a fairly cheap option as well as LED lights for the interior and exterior. I recently started converting my car to all LED and it's a subtle touch that makes the car look much better!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice. I just purchased my 2014 Charger SXT Plus. Very happy. Can't wait to go on a long trip. Couldn't figure out what I wanted to do for my first mod. Seemed like the interior was missing something and I finally put my finger on it. Part of the dash and the area around the gear shift has, what appears to be carbon fiber but the area on the steering wheel was just silver. So I ordered some carbon fiber samples and put some carbon fiber on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Painted calipers or covers, chin spoiler gets my vote as well. Now they don't look complete to me without it.

And do some audio upgrade while you are at it. Speakers at a minimum. Almost everything is easy to upgrade and return to stock easily.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need to replace the rear speakers, I think I'm close to blowing them, getting loud pops from the rear speakers. Does Mopar make an upgraded set?

Also, how would I revert painted calipers?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Black paint and some dirt! Use caliper covers instead.

Mopar upgrades are available and equivalent to Kicker KS speaker line. But you can do much better than that for less money. Just be sure they fit before purchase, but most suppliers have an on line tool to determine that and make recommendations.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Nice man! Enjoy your new charger, I'm getting a brand new billet silver R/T tomorrow. I'll be posting it up here for some mod ideas too. The white is nice, looking forward to seeing what you do!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts