Charger Forums banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Ok, I'll bite, how the hell do you sit in the seat and not have your knees rub on the lower IP?

I understand they fixed it in the 2015, but have not sat in one yet.
I don't know, but I fit fine in the Mustang. No problems with knees hitting anything except the handle for the tilt steering when I get in and out. I was surprised how much room I had inside of it when I test drove it for the first time. It actually has more head room than my Charger.

I usually put the seat all the way down, and probably move it back to within .5 to 1 inch of all the way back most of the time. When my kids ride in the car, I can move it forward another 2 inches or so and that makes the knee room a little tight, but still do-able.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I don't get it... I've sat in several mustangs and I'm pushed up against the knee blocker. The 2015 is supposed to be 20mm further back.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Yesterday I finally installed the CHE axle brace that I've had since before X-Mas.

First off ... I'm not impressed with the fit of CHE products ... On one of the CHE LCA relocation brackets I had to enlarge a hole and sure enough, on the brace install I had to enlarge a hole in the brace and 2 holes in the diff, and it was still a pain to line up.
I ended up losing a bit of axle fluid since I had to remove a plug on the forward part of the diff to be able to put a socket on the nut that ends up there, but I think that whatever fluid I lost was probably overfill since I'm pretty sure that's an inspection hole.

First driving impressions ... I like it.
It seems to have stiffened up the rear a bit more, giving me even better traction than the new UCA added.
And it's great peace of mind knowing that my axle tubes most likely won't twist at the track ... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I so want a 5.0 with recaro's and 6 speed. I dearly miss my 94 5.0, I should have never sold the car!! Kick myself in the ass every time I see one, which is very rare since they were only made between 94 & 95.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
I so want a 5.0 with recaro's and 6 speed. I dearly miss my 94 5.0, I should have never sold the car!! Kick myself in the ass every time I see one, which is very rare since they were only made between 94 & 95.
One of my neighbors just told me yesterday he just picked up a '95 5.0 ... looking forward to wrenching on it with him ... he seems like a nice guy.
The plan is to get the ricer kids across the road to see the light and switch to American Muscle too :D

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Should be well into the 11s if you can get her to hook.
I hope so. It's pretty much track-ready now.

Just really wish that my 95+ mph driveline vibration wasn't there anymore ... it's driving me nuts.
it's not horrible, but it's there, and doesn't inspire confidence when at 120 or so

That being said, today's pic showing that fat arse with the fat tires back on :D :

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Battery and master-cylinder covers finally re-installed.

Also just ordered a GT500 stock strut tower brace off eBay to replace
the stock GT piece that wouldn't fit anymore once the Whipple got installed.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Not much of an update on my car, I recently had the 305/40/18 DR's installed on the SVT 18x9.5 wheels and got some strut tower covers :)

My girlfriend and I finally found a car for her son, he's been looking for a 2003-2004 Mach 1, and we found a 32k-mile Dark Shadow Gray 5-speed 2004 model, and got a great deal on it :)

Today I got a chance to take a couple of pics of all 3 Mustangs together, my '13 GT, the girlfriend's '08 GT500, and the Mach 1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #354

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Hi Gabe :wave: Nice ride! :driving:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Quick little update on me and my car.
I still have it, and the GF is now a fiancee :)

The Mustang is now sitting on 20x10 Niche Milan wheels front and rear, and 275/35/20 / 305/35/20 tires:

1st-place winner in my class at the World of Wheels show in Boston:

I've added more hydro-dipping under the hood since the show:

And my fiancee's '08 GT500, now sporting a '13 TVS blower and putting down 643 rwhp, 608 rwtq:

And 2nd place winner in her class at the 2016 World of Wheels show in Boston:

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Hey! Nice to hear from you. The cars look great.

Congratulations on your engagement.

341 - 360 of 363 Posts