You have a lighting complex
I have sticker complex
You should come out here and show me your zen master lighting ways. lol
outstanding as always

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's simple: just 2 leds (1 on each side). Drilled the hole on the cup holder base, mounted it, and drilled a larger hole on the holder's liner. The LED is realy flush with the liner, so a cup or bottle won't rub on them.
I tapped the LEDs to the shifter indicator light.
Easy install. The hardest part was actualy mounting the LEDS. I had top partialy raise the whole console to put the LEDs on the rear side of each holder.

The whole install took me no longer than 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Wow Goval, nice mod. And to think I entered this thread thinking there would be pictures of you holding a flashlight shining over your cupholders JUST to be a pain in the back side. Nice mod.

Tom

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I so stole the idea from the 08 Charger, lol.
Probably will be my last mod til my Charger goes on storage in 3 weeks.
Sorry, I'm still working on taking night shot with my camera :lol:
Check it out:
I'm not familiar with your camera, but look to see if you have something like a rear curtain flash. Need to go into manual mode, set the aperture to as small a number as possible, raise the ISO to 800, adjust shutter speed to max possible. What will happen, the shutter will open, bring in the light, your sensor will try it's best to adjust for camera motion, but that's not important, you're trying to get all the possible light on the sensor that you can get, and then the flash will go off as the shutter closes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are the LED's located? Bottom of cup holder or on the side?

Love your light mods, gonna do some myself.

They're on the back wall of each holder, not the bottom; facing the dash; that's why the A/C controls are iluminated a little.

·
Registered
555 Posts
How did you do your gauges? Love the red backlight on the gauges.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
ya, time to fess up with some better pics and install instructions! I was wanting to do this myself but had no idea! :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Goval's a mod freak.. he did a whole writeup about his gauges, its not an easy process it involves patience and big cojones.
The lighted cupholders looks like an easy to go mod though

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
ohh and its not a stock navi unit, correct me if im wrong but thats the AVIC 3 or something like it

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
we should custom fab some hid cup lights

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yup.....also want info on the red gauges!!!! wicked....
Chase

1 - 20 of 47 Posts