Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally got off my big behind and installed the 300cSRT leather/chrome door pulls that I've had now for a couple weeks .... :)

I got all 4 of them done in an hour and a half, surprising myself a little, as I thought the door panels were gonna be harder to remove/re-install than they ended up being :grin:

I've read every door-panel removal write-up that I could find, and it still seemed intimidating :banghead: but turned out OK ... here's my write-up :

I started with the left read door, not sure why, but here it is, showing the push-pins and screws that have to be removed along the bottom and sides :

This pic shows the rear push-pins, one of them whose center has already been pushed in the amount needed to release it ... after pressing the center piece in, I inserted a very thin and small screwdriver or small blade from my Swiss Army knife under the outer part of the push-pin and lifted the whole thing out:

The push pins removed from the left rear door (turns out the black ones don't have to be removed since the black trim stays in place during this "operation" ;) ) :

The rod end that's circled in the pic below is what needs to be released from the door handle mechanism :

And the blue clip in the top circle in the pic below is what needs to be unclipped from the rod in order for it to come free from the handle mechanism :

The bottom circle in the pic above shows one of the side screws that hold the door pull attached to the door panel.

Right front door, last one done, almost finished :grin: :

Old and new :) :

And all done :D

The pics above also show the previously-installed Billet Tech polished door handle rings, door lock pins, and dash vent tag :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Gabe, that was a great write-up and picture instructional. This is how these cars should have come from the factory in the first place......cheap Dodge!!

That really makes a nice difference on the door panels. I think I am going to have to do that as well on my SRT8.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Nicely Done, Gabe.

This mod is on my wishlist too.

Thanks for the write-up. I'll be referring to it, eventually.

Beans to you. Oh wait, wrong forum. :biggrinjester:

Beers then! :beer_yum::beer_yum:

(Only two, because I know you got a bad liver. The rest are for me.)

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gabe, that was a great write-up and picture instructional. This is how these cars should have come from the factory in the first place......cheap Dodge!!

That really makes a nice difference on the door panels. I think I am going to have to do that as well on my SRT8.

Brian
Thanks Forrest :D

Just be ready to shell out about $240 for all 4 of them :eek: :yikes: ... when I started thinking about getting them they were about $30 a piece :eek:

I got them from allusa ... a vendor on here BTW ... :)

Nicely Done, Gabe.

This mod is on my wishlist too.

Thanks for the wqrite-up. I'll be referring to it, eventually.

Beans to you. Oh wait, wrong forum. :biggrinjester:

Beers then! :beer_yum::beer_yum:

(Only two, because I know you got a bad liver. The rest are for me.)

:beerchug:

-=FLEX=-
Thanks Jim, and don't worry about the beans ... you can always give me some on the other forum ... the thread's on there too :)

·
Super Moderator
11,623 Posts
Thanks Jim, and don't worry about the beans ... you can always give me some on the other forum ... the thread's on there too :)
Don't be greedy. You already got the digital beers.

Now ya want the beans too??? :slap:

:biggrinjester:

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Gabe, great write up! I wish my 22elite door pulls were so easy to install. To bad the speaker rings are not available.
Btw, looks like you've got more to buy from bt, interior polished knobs and covers.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Gabe, great write up! I wish my 22elite door pulls were so easy to install. To bad the speaker rings are not available.
Btw, looks like you've got more to buy from bt, interior polished knobs and covers.
I've been thinkng about the speaker rings for about 6 months. They become available every few weeks and then go on back order again. If you keep an eye on them they should be be available again soon.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't be greedy. You already got the digital beers.

Now ya want the beans too??? :slap:

:biggrinjester:

-=FLEX=-
Hahaha ... thanks for the beers Jim (and the beans :D)

Thanks Jimmy :rocker:

The interior stuff I was never a huge fan of, but I know I have more polished underhood stuff to order ...

I also kinda want the new clear catch can bottom ... but at $68 or so I think I'm gonna hold off a while ...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Looks great Gabe, Might have to put that on my list........Getting long actually. Lol.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good!:bigthumb:

Nice write-up too!

You might want to consider these for your speakers. I think they would match your theme.

here's the link...

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_...rome-Speaker-Surrounds-05-Up-P27680C8339.aspx

Thanks .. .those actually look just like Billet Tech's rings ... and they're not making them right now, so that might be why they're on backorder ... if BT makes them for "Action Artistry", the brand that autotrucktoys.com is selling ...

Looks great Gabe, Might have to put that on my list........Getting long actually. Lol.
Thanks man .... I still have lots of things left to do, and a few things currently in my bedroom waiting to be installed :)

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I've been thinkng about the speaker rings for about 6 months. They become available every few weeks and then go on back order again. If you keep an eye on them they should be be available again soon.
fortunately I have a set from the first batch, black anodize designer series. My understanding is that they stop making them, because the cost was to high, compared to what they were selling them for. Although I did hear that they may bring them back if they have enough people commited to buying.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Gabe, the mod master!!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Nice write up Gabe,
I have a set of 22elite door pulls I need to get done myself. 1st time I removed a door panel I pushed those pins in too far and had to fish them out of the door.

I am curious if the mopar interior paint would look good on the speaker grilles?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice write up Gabe,
I have a set of 22elite door pulls I need to get done myself. 1st time I removed a door panel I pushed those pins in too far and had to fish them out of the door.

I am curious if the mopar interior paint would look good on the speaker grilles?
Thanks Matt ... painting the door panels has been tried before by other people and chipping happens quickly from what I remember ... it's tricky to prep it right and have the paint stay on there ...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
That looks awesome Gabe!
Added to my ever growing list- still working on the performance side of my list though- I need to get PAINTING!
:rocker::rocker::rocker::D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Excellent write-up! They look nice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts