Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Hemi monsters!
I hope someone can give me some information about my Charger. I have a 2006 Dodge Charger r/t Hemi, and when I park on a steep grade, about 30 to 40 degree incline I have noticed about 4 times that on startup, blue/white smoke comes from the exhaust. Doesn't look like moisture, not bright white but more like oil burning. I've always maintained regular oil changes and rarely punch it from the hole shot. I've had it in the shop twice but they cannot replicate the smoke. I've been a motor head all my life and this tells me it shouldn't smoke like this.... anyone experienced the same problem? Need some info to pass onto the dealer thanks!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Take a video to show your dealer. When my car started I would hear the AC really thump when it kicked on only when cold. The sound could not be replicated at the dealer. Took video and dealer replaced AC compressor.(problem solved) Good luck and let us know what happened.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hemi smokes at startup intermitently

Good morning Hemi monsters!
I hope someone can give me some information about my Charger. I have a 2006 Dodge Charger r/t Hemi, and when I park on a steep grade, about 30 to 40 degree incline I have noticed about 4 times that on startup, blue/white smoke comes from the exhaust. Doesn't look like moisture, not bright white but more like oil burning. I've always maintained regular oil changes and rarely punch it from the hole shot. I've had it in the shop twice but they cannot replicate the smoke. I've been a motor head all my life and this tells me it shouldn't smoke like this.... anyone experienced the same problem? Need some info to pass onto the dealer thanks!

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
we need to make a14 a pin that says " i used the search button today, did you?" :grin:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
You need an oil catch can. Mine had the same problem until I added it.

C.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
30 to 40 degree incline? That sounds pretty steep, I don't think you could even walk up a hill that was 30-40 degrees.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
i would never park on a grade like that...too much stress on the trans and parking brake...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
man i had this same problem!!! its only done it once, but then again that was the only time i ever parked my car on a steep grade. it was on my friends drive way, i'd say about 25 degrees of incline. when it started up a MMMAASSSSIIIVVVVEEE amount of smoke came out and i was kind of embarrassed. i didnt know what was goin on. but it never did it before or after again! just that one time about 2 months ago. i figured it must've just been the grade.

and i think 425 hp was being serious about the oil can. they do work but i still dont get them. imagining dr evil say "you need an oil catch can" with the pinky to his mouth is pretty funny though.:grin:

·
Registered
181 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts