Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have a 3.5 L V6 charger... im on my way to making it fun, good looking and fast, but there are somethings that i need put out in laymens terms and some questions i have for those of you who are patient enough to respond to my ignorance and stupidity

1) how do you disable the governor that is preset on the car... it would let me rev in nuetral or park and limits my ability to acel above 90... and if i get a diablosport would this override that?

2)what superchargers are best for the 3.5L and what tuners work best

3) what are headers and why should you get them, should you even get a supercharger in your car if you don't have headers

4) what halo lights are the best? how are spyders as a company and head light product?

i would appreciate any help, and please dont rip on me for having a v6, i like my gas mileage but i feel after some more mods like a tuner, which i working on and my afe cai and dual exhaust my car will have a nice kick to it... thanks to anyone with positive feedback

·
Registered
437 Posts
so, i have a 3.5 L V6 charger... im on my way to making it fun, good looking and fast, but there are somethings that i need put out in laymens terms and some questions i have for those of you who are patient enough to respond to my ignorance and stupidity

1) how do you disable the governor that is preset on the car... it would let me rev in nuetral or park and limits my ability to acel above 90... and if i get a diablosport would this override that?
Yes.... You can eliminate the speed governor on the car. I don't know for certain on the V6's, but I wool assume it works the same.

2)what superchargers are best for the 3.5L and what tuners work best
Modern Muscle makes a Vortech based kit. Call Speedlogix about it. You can see a few YouTube videos on it. There are plenty out there and you can see how it runs. I love the Vortech S/C because it's quiet, easy to maintain and it keeps the drivability of the car.

3) what are headers and why should you get them, should you even get a supercharger in your car if you don't have headers
As for which headers...I'll leave that to somebody else. Would it make sense to get a S/C if you don't have headers?... YES! Forced induction will make more power and having headers will simply gain more. You'll just have to re-tune.

4) what halo lights are the best? how are spyders as a company and head light product?
I'm not a fan of halos.... I'll leave that to others. I've yet to see a truly high end kit though....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts