Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2008 Charger SRT-8, I need to change my home address in the navigation system; I bought it last month as a 2008 leftover with 63 miles on it; when I got it home, it prompted me to enter my home address, however being in a new development, it didn't have my address listed, so I inputed a different address which doesn't seem to work, so I need to change it. The customer service # at Dodge (800) 992-1997 was of no help, and the mygig website at Dodge they referred me to didn't have anything in the tutorial either. In the back of the nav manual, it actually has a frequently asked question specifically referencing how to change your home address, however the steps in the book do not match what is actually on my screen. The last resort is to go to the dealer for help, and have them think they know everything, when Dodge can't even put out a manual of instructions that match the actual device being used. Any help would be appreciated.........

·
Registered
18 Posts
If Nav can't find your address cause its a new development, park car in front of house, find the where am I option on the Nav system, it will give you the latitude and longitude info and you can save that as your home address. That will get you home every time

also might want to make sure you have the most up to date maps

·
Registered
81 Posts
Use the where am i now feature and save it as your home... Untill your address is put in the next updae your SOL.. Thats what i did.. Works like a charm.. Gets me 2 blocks from home then the GPS nolonger has a street to send me on... oh well..

On my 2008 Charger SRT-8, I need to change my home address in the navigation system; I bought it last month as a 2008 leftover with 63 miles on it; when I got it home, it prompted me to enter my home address, however being in a new development, it didn't have my address listed, so I inputed a different address which doesn't seem to work, so I need to change it. The customer service # at Dodge (800) 992-1997 was of no help, and the mygig website at Dodge they referred me to didn't have anything in the tutorial either. In the back of the nav manual, it actually has a frequently asked question specifically referencing how to change your home address, however the steps in the book do not match what is actually on my screen. The last resort is to go to the dealer for help, and have them think they know everything, when Dodge can't even put out a manual of instructions that match the actual device being used. Any help would be appreciated.........

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys; I was able to find it after about 1/2 hour of searching through the menus; had to go in under My Address Book to edit my home address; I can't believe the manual(s) are not even close to what is on the screen; I called NAVTEQ, and they said an updated navigation CD was released in Feb 2009 for my vehicle, so I may wind up getting it in a month or so; there goes another $199 bucks; now I'm having problems with getting the Backseat TV function to work; I will post in a seperate thread......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dude,

You got a MyGig correct? You can download the update, burn it to a CD for free... That's what I did.. let me find the link and I will post it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts