Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me a couple weekends because Ive been busy with work. I bought some night shades and decided to do them myself and I am very happy with the outcome. Let me know what you guys think. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Here's one with the passenger still tinted with the film I had bought off ebay and wasnt happy with the way it looked.

Here's the old tails with ebay tint...uuuuucccccckkkkkk:(

The newly painted tail with night shades.....:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Both tails on.......

Brake lights...........

Reverse lights........

I'm really happy with the way they turned out. The best part is I did them myself........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Later guys

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice! You can tell a different in the film and the night shades. Great job.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All that was involved was sanding the tails down, taping off the reverse lights, spraying 2 coats of nightshades, and clearing after that. Then I just did some waxing on them and they turned out pretty cool. There is a right up on here somewhere that has step by step instructions with pics that I used as reference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree with TBY," home done" mods are the best, there's nothing like getting your hands dirty! The Tails look great, well done.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice, where do I get this stuff?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Nice Tint!!

Here's the old tails with ebay tint...uuuuucccccckkkkkk:(

The newly painted tail with night shades.....:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
SO ARE YOU ALL SAYING TINT FILM IS NOT AS GLOSSY AS THE NITE SHADES SPRAY TINT??WHAT ABOUT THE ROCKBLOCKERS FILM DOES IT LOOK AS DULL AS THE EBAY TINT????BY THE WAY NICE TINTS ON THEM TAILS!!:grin:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
They do look good, "home done" mods are less expensive and will make the wifey happy. Where did you get this stuff from??

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They do look good, "home done" mods are less expensive and will make the wifey happy. Where did you get this stuff from??
I got the night shades from a local shop here in concord. The shop is 3sx, they sell and make parts for 3000gt's and stealths. I go to the shop quite a bit and knew they keep this stuff in stock. You can also get it off ebay.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
you should be able to get niteshades at custom car shops, tune shops, etc!!! i bought 2 cans myself but never got around to tinting my tails...will definitely do em when i get home from deployment!!

How many coats of clear coat did you put on if you dont mind me asking? For those that have tinted them themselves, how durable was your clear coat and do you have to re-apply a coat after time? I would assume after so many washes, the clear would start to wear down I would guess. I like the ideal of how you waxed them though, really made them shine and look good!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you should be able to get niteshades at custom car shops, tune shops, etc!!! i bought 2 cans myself but never got around to tinting my tails...will definitely do em when i get home from deployment!!

How many coats of clear coat did you put on if you dont mind me asking? For those that have tinted them themselves, how durable was your clear coat and do you have to re-apply a coat after time? I would assume after so many washes, the clear would start to wear down I would guess. I like the ideal of how you waxed them though, really made them shine and look good!!
I did this in the basement of my house. I put about three coats of clear on them.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Are they legal?? I just don't want to get pulled over and after doing research, it doesn't come off after about a month of baking in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.