Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 2006 Charger Daytona Go-Mango since 2014. I have only done a few modifications which are an SRT hood, a Hurst shifter, Daytona red caliper covers, front and rear strut braces, R/T emblems redone in orange. I had a bad clear coat failure on the entire top portion of the car. I just did all the body work and prep and got the Maaco special which I am pretty happy with. I just got the new Daytona stripes and plan to put them on today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
340:
I like that color. It looks like they did a nice job. I have had my share of Maaco pain jobs on older vehicles through the years. The last one IIRC, was an '83 Plymouth Grand Fury, that was a retired Ohio State Patrol car. Back then, their color was a semi dark silver. I went with pretty dark Navy blue color.

Don

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have owned my 2006 Charger Daytona Go-Mango since 2014. I have only done a few modifications which are an SRT hood, a Hurst shifter, Daytona red caliper covers, front and rear strut braces, R/T emblems redone in orange. I had a bad clear coat failure on the entire top portion of the car. I just did all the body work and prep and got the Maaco special which I am pretty happy with. I just got the new Daytona stripes and plan to put them on today.
Looks good. Was that the basic single-stage Maaco paint job?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
340:
I like that color. It looks like they did a nice job. I have had my share of Maaco pain jobs on older vehicles through the years. The last one IIRC, was an '83 Plymouth Grand Fury, that was a retired Ohio State Patrol car. Back then, their color was a semi dark silver. I went with pretty dark Navy blue color.

Don
Thank you, I remember the 80s Grand Fury's very well!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Thank you, Yes single stage Enamel with a Urethane clear coat. Looks great in the sun, the metallic shows well, the pics here make it look dull.
Oh, that's interesting. They generally offer straight enamel, single-stage enamel with urethane catalyst, or basecoat/clearcoat. I restored an '05 300C a few years ago and went with the single-stage enamel with urethane. Prepped and masked it myself. Pretty happy with it for the modest cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, that's interesting. They generally offer straight enamel, single-stage enamel with urethane catalyst, or basecoat/clearcoat. I restored an '05 300C a few years ago and went with the single-stage enamel with urethane. Prepped and masked it myself. Pretty happy with it for the modest cost.
Yes they had the cheapest option at $399, enamel with no clear mixed in, the most expensive was base coat clear coat. I went middle of the road.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yes they had the cheapest option at $399, enamel with no clear mixed in, the most expensive was base coat clear coat. I went middle of the road.
Sounds like we got the same paint package. Noticed the rolled exhaust tips, are they original?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts