Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this about 2 weeks ago and was very happy with the result. Just thought I'd share with everyone.:wax: I miss my car.:ugh:

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
WOW . . . look how good that looks!!

I don't have your engine, but I cleaned mine a couple of months ago, and I was so happy I took the time to do it 'cause it looks so nice. It was hard work though. I had only cleaned it one time since I had BB, so there was a lot of "stuff" in cracks and crevices.

Having done that though, I"m now ready to put some Billet under the hood. I'm thinking about doing a little painting too . . .

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
You did'nt miss nothing. Even down to the hose clamps. Looks greats.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I did this about 2 weeks ago and was very happy with the result. Just thought I'd share with everyone.:wax: I miss my car.:ugh:
Very clean! Nice!

I feel your pain. I almost went out of my mind waiting for my beast to be finished at the body shop after I got rear-ended. 3 weeks without her driving a Kia Rondo! I had to give her up a couple more times (2-3 days each time) with the damaged exhaust parts that kept coming in from Chrysler. Took 3 times to get the exhaust parts right.

I wound up looking at pictures of her everyday and even bought the '07 Superbee CF shifter bezel and NAV bezel as coming home presents.

It's really amazing how much we love these beasties. :)

Hang in there Pat, she'll be home and well soon.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
It's really amazing how much we love these beasties. :)
Aint THAT the truth! I doesn't matter what model Charger you have, it's the same. I was without BB for 3 days while she was being fixed. 3 days. I was ready to divorce my husband for letting the child park the Lexus beside BB and mess her up.

I hope they get your baby back to you sooner than expected. (before you go to the other side [Challenger])

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Very Nice Pat!! I do mine every week so its not so much work.... I love when its done and I pop my hood for someone.... i got the cloudy coolant tank just like you... thats my next project....

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
:clap: Very Nice Patrick:clap:...I know you miss your car so I am going to do you a favor and let you clean my engine bay to help ease your pain...OK? :smile:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice and clean great job.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Wow, that's like **** N' Span clean. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Very nice Pat!

Maybe your car broke so you'd get the hint that it wants to be a show car?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice work. :bigthumb:

I typically do a little everytime I wash her. Therefore, it does not take that long to keep everything clean under the hood.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice Pat!

Maybe your car broke so you'd get the hint that it wants to be a show car?
maybe... who knows... I think it's mad at me because I mentioned challenger a few days ago to someone:cowsmile:

Nice work. :bigthumb:

I typically do a little everytime I wash her. Therefore, it does not take that long to keep everything clean under the hood.
same here but this was my big cleaning until next spring... it will hold up until then

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What did you use to clean it with if you dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What did you use to clean it with if you dont mind me asking?
it's very simple actually... I use the following:

1. simple green mix with water... it tells you on the bottle how much to mix
2. some tire shine for the black plastic and rubber stuff but you can also use detail spray... the tire shine works better though
3. and of course... detail spray of your choice

for starters...

1. I cover all the important things with plastic bags, like the alternator, air intake, throttle body area, fuse box, etc... I also cover all my Billet Tech bling with bags too

2. Then I spray the simple green all over the engine bay area... note: engine bay is dry that way the simple green sticks and does it magic

3. Let the simple green do it's thing for 10-15mins... try not to do it on too hot of a day because it will dry quick, if that happens I just spray a little more simple green to keep it wet...note: you don't want it to dry

4. after 10-15 mins, spray down engine bay with "mist" selector on your water nozzle... don't over do it with the water though... just enuff to get rid of the suds

5. after it looks like you got all the simple green off.... then I dry the engine bay by using a leave blower... use the blower until all the water goes away

6. then you can dry up anything remaining with some microfiber towels and start to use the tire shine and detail spray on the other parts I mentioned up to give them that detailed look...

hope this helps:beerchug:

·
Registered
919 Posts
x3

I spray painted the black plastic parts (where the hands off sticker is in the OP's pics) with clear gloss and it has a nice permanent shine to them. They pop off and on real easy. 10 min project if any one decides to do it. Did the same to the air box and fuse box.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
x3

I spray painted the black plastic parts (where the hands off sticker is in the OP's pics) with clear gloss and it has a nice permanent shine to them. They pop off and on real easy. 10 min project if any one decides to do it. Did the same to the air box and fuse box.
good idea... and nice avatar btw:cowsmile:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts