Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have to say is WOW! ...I went to GSM so they can update my predator tuner, great job there ...went home and threw in the CAI 91oct tune, I was amazed, noticeable power and shifts firmer and faster and actually jumps forward a bit when it shifts ...nice, so I talked to Scott at GSM, awesome guy, cool as hell, asked if I wanted to dyon tune my car ...I said hell yeah I want to dyno tune my car, threw that bad boy onto the dyno, dyno'ed I didnt have a chane to dyno a base stock run unfortunately, but with the CAI 910ct tune I got about a peak of 375rwp and 381ftlbs of torque at the wheels. I was fairly impressed, I am assuming I got about 360rwhp at stock form, so a 15rwhp increase was nice ...he noticed a few things and said he could definitely get more power out of it ...did a few runs and finally came up with a peak 398rwhp and 400ftlbs of torque at the wheels ...I WAS MORE THAN SATISFIED, these guys at GSM know what they are doing and my car feels sooooo much faster and quicker, actually chirps the tires from 1st to 2nd and easily burn some rubber at a 45mph roll ...I love it, I am estimating somewhere around 470-480hp at the crank, anyone know for sure, I know it would of been helpful if had a base run ...but close to 400hp at the wheels sure does feel pretty damn nice, a max of 33rwhp increase and 40ftlbs of torque at the wheels is phenomenal!!! ...now all I gotta do is take it to the track, I hope this bad boy can get in the 12's, I'm hoping around 12.6 or 12.7, now I need to practice my launches, peels out too easy ...here is my dyno sheet! :)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
wow nice numbers. cant wait to get my diablo and start feeling the better shifts. i have never liked the stock shifting

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm also going to GS motorsports tommorrow, scott has the predators for sale there right? And how much was the dyno tune? Better yet how much was it all topgether, the diablo and tune?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice numbers, I had really similar numbers on a mustang dyno, few people didn't beleive them but this helps!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
GS sells a tuning package for the pred? If so, this is my next mod.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I also just got back from GS motorsport, Scott at GSM tweeked my car on the dyno with the predator and im very happy with it. We dynoed my car without the tune and it put out great numbers, RWHP was 397, RWT was 398 with the tweek and tune i gained like 18RWp all across the power band. I am very happy with it especially when it changes the gears, car jumps forward and nails your ass to the seat even from like a 20mph or 30mph roll.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You guys care to post up the Predator settings currently on your cars?

·
Banned
206 Posts
All I have to say is WOW! ...I went to GSM so they can update my predator tuner, great job there ...went home and threw in the CAI 91oct tune, I was amazed, noticeable power and shifts firmer and faster and actually jumps forward a bit when it shifts ...nice, so I talked to Scott at GSM, awesome guy, cool as hell, asked if I wanted to dyon tune my car ...I said hell yeah I want to dyno tune my car, threw that bad boy onto the dyno, dyno'ed I didnt have a chane to dyno a base stock run unfortunately, but with the CAI 910ct tune I got about a peak of 375rwp and 381ftlbs of torque at the wheels. I was fairly impressed, I am assuming I got about 360rwhp at stock form, so a 15rwhp increase was nice ...he noticed a few things and said he could definitely get more power out of it ...did a few runs and finally came up with a peak 398rwhp and 400ftlbs of torque at the wheels ...I WAS MORE THAN SATISFIED, these guys at GSM know what they are doing and my car feels sooooo much faster and quicker, actually chirps the tires from 1st to 2nd and easily burn some rubber at a 45mph roll ...I love it, I am estimating somewhere around 470-480hp at the crank, anyone know for sure, I know it would of been helpful if had a base run ...but close to 400hp at the wheels sure does feel pretty damn nice, a max of 33rwhp increase and 40ftlbs of torque at the wheels is phenomenal!!! ...now all I gotta do is take it to the track, I hope this bad boy can get in the 12's, I'm hoping around 12.6 or 12.7, now I need to practice my launches, peels out too easy ...here is my dyno sheet! :)
Any idea how you gained the 23whp? Your AFR and spark advance don't look much different from the two runs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Their cars were most likely tuned with the more powerful and versatile CMR software.
Which would make the Predator pretty much obsolete, yes? Can you tell me more about the CMR software? First time I've heard of it.

Thanks...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Which would make the Predator pretty much obsolete, yes? Can you tell me more about the CMR software? First time I've heard of it.

Thanks...
The CMR software is custom tune software designed to create custom tunes FOR the Diablo....they go together.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks... I see a couple of threads on it now...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No CMR software was used, he dyno tuned with predator itself ...he did change the spark advance and air fuel ratio, the graphs aren't to scale so look at the numbers instead ...i dont know how to check what he did for the predator settings, he did about 5 runs and got me some phenominal results, its not a tuning package, he would need your vehicle there and with the proper monitoring equipment he can see how he can get more power ...GSM has a really high tech dyno, which without I think would not be possible to tune.

·
Banned
206 Posts
No CMR software was used, he dyno tuned with predator itself ...he did change the spark advance and air fuel ratio, the graphs aren't to scale so look at the numbers instead ...i dont know how to check what he did for the predator settings, he did about 5 runs and got me some phenominal results, its not a tuning package, he would need your vehicle there and with the proper monitoring equipment he can see how he can get more power ...GSM has a really high tech dyno, which without I think would not be possible to tune.
By any chance do you have the Dynojet Runtime files?

·
Banned
206 Posts
I hate to be such a skeptic, but I'm not understanding the huge 39 ft-lb torque increase at 4400 RPMs. At this RPM, the timing is identical for both runs and the AFR is within .1 to .2 of a point. You said he was only playing with the handheld Predator unit, so the only changes he could be making that would affect these numbers would be timing and fuel. So I just don't understand where the gains came from.

Are you sure he dynoed the car in the same gear for both of these pulls?

·
Registered
939 Posts
... or might the Predator modify torque management such that the drivetrain power loss is changed? Even something like a small alteration in the RPM feed would screw up the calculations used for these plots. I dunno.

·
Banned
206 Posts
... or might the Predator modify torque management such that the drivetrain power loss is changed? Even something like a small alteration in the RPM feed would screw up the calculations used for these plots. I dunno.
TM would only be in 1st gear and/or during shifts. But it's moot anyway since the baseline was done with the Diablo canned tune and that already has the reduced TM. There's no way to further reduce it with the handheld unit.

Bump for how GSM got HP from thin air.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts