Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called and told me he just got off the phone with his DC rep, a lady btw, and he does have allocation, meaning I'm getting an SRT8. :) She also told him she has no idea how long it will be b/c the SRT only comprises 5% of Charger build. No matter, it's good news, I'll take it. Fellow SRT brethren, my dealer is small potatoes compared to most of your's, so hang on. Course I'll be more elated about this after my dad's ok. Regards to ALL!!
Have a great weekend guys/gals! Mike

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
mmaloy said:
I'm getting an SRT8. :)
Excellent news Mike. Glad to hear you can get yours ordered now.

You need some good news about now. Again, best wishes for your Dad and family.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
moparfan said:
Excellent news Mike. Glad to hear you can get yours ordered now.

You need some good news about now. Again, best wishes for your Dad and family.
Thank You Moparfan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
DutchMaster said:
holy cow my dealer has CARS - jk
Don't do that man... that's just mean! j/k

Is that a pot plant behind your head in that avatar pic?!? LOL j/k

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DutchMaster said:
hoyl cow my dealer has CARS - jk

congrats man. I wish I had the patience to wait forthe SRT8 when I got my RT.. good luck!
Thank You DutchMaster!!!!!!!!! And btw, that ain't funny. :) :wink: :happy:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats mike. let the waiting begin :) :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I A said:
Youre dads ok? Just curious, how old are you?
His surgery is this Monday, so say a prayer if you will. THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
camero said:
Congrats mike. let the waiting begin :) :)
THANK YOU CAMERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I A said:
Youre dads ok? Just curious, how old are you?

mike, Your forgot to answer his question on your age..... tell him your an old fart and you cant even remeber your age........HAHA JK

·
Registered
175 Posts
ltdodge said:
mike, Your forgot to answer his question on your age..... tell him your an old fart and you cant even remeber your age........HAHA JK
Hey, You must be talking about me! :grin: :happy:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Congrats on getting the order in! I think I read on the Brampton board that they actually had a few Charger SRT8s go down the line this week, so they ARE in production now.

I don't think that the ratio of RT's to SRT8's being built will make the wait any longer or shorter. All of the cars are built on the same line, and they don't appear to batch them. Everything I've read indicates that they schedule the vehicle based on parts availabilty and order date. That said, as long as there aren't any part hold-ups you're going to get it just as fast as anyone ordering an SE, SXT, RT, or Daytona. (Well, actually the Daytonas go for some extra work so they take a week or so longer.)

And, yes, let the waiting begin! :whistle: :whistle:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
mnunes said:
you're going to get it just as fast as anyone ordering an SE, SXT, RT, or Daytona.
Any idea what the average order-to-delivery time is on those?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mnunes said:
Congrats on getting the order in! I think I read on the Brampton board that they actually had a few Charger SRT8s go down the line this week, so they ARE in production now.

I don't think that the ratio of RT's to SRT8's being built will make the wait any longer or shorter. All of the cars are built on the same line, and they don't appear to batch them. Everything I've read indicates that they schedule the vehicle based on parts availabilty and order date. That said, as long as there aren't any part hold-ups you're going to get it just as fast as anyone ordering an SE, SXT, RT, or Daytona. (Well, actually the Daytonas go for some extra work so they take a week or so longer.)

And, yes, let the waiting begin! :whistle: :whistle:
Thanks for the kind words mnunes!!!!!! I'm grateful that I'm getting one, so waiting for as long as it takes is the price I'll have to pay. Now mind you my friend, as soon as I know my dad's ok.......well,....you think Woody Woodpecker was a little looney, I'm gonna make him look like he just downed a whole bottle of valium. Mike :happy:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:wink:
ltdodge said:
Ok, in my best Monty Python voice/ "I say, I duth believe I'm going to haf to wok a mudhole in your aaas, and wok it dry"! :wink: :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts