Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The times I'm posting here were my third effort at the strip, thought I'd share how the car ran. I'm getting better at drag racing, but there's still room for imporvement. I hope this encourages the non-dragging owners out there to give the strip a try this fall. These cars will definitely try hard, and there's a great e.t. in all of them I think if you're willing to work at it a little.

I went to the test & tune with Mike who has a Charger SRT8 on a Saturday afternoon where we had a density altitude below 1000 feet, which is really good considering we are at 700 feet above sea level. It opened at 1pm and we got there at 12:50, just 10 minutes before. There were several people there, but everyone was cooling their cars down and hanging out. Mike wanted to ice his Charger and my time was limited so I figured what the hell, might as well go right now. I popped in my 25-cent fan mod and that cooled the car down from about 210 to 188 with my 185-degree MOTORAD 4128 by the time I made my first run. I also pulled fuse 11 to clear the transmission's adaptives for the first time ever. All of these runs were with the car at 188 degrees in the staging lanes and it would warm to 190 by the end of the run. I'm including time of run, 60 foot time, 1/4 time and mph.

1:04 pm
[email protected]

1:07 pm
[email protected]

1:11 pm
[email protected]

1:14 pm
[email protected]

1:17 pm
2.037* best ever 60-foot time for me
[email protected]

1:20 pm
[email protected]

1:25 pm
[email protected]

1:29 pm
[email protected]

At this point Mike wanted to go and I needed a rest. Mike had his Charger cooled into the 150s, he has a MOTORAD 4128, 25-cent fan mod and a fresh pull of fuse 11 - also still the stock intake & box. If I remember correctly he ran a [email protected], then a [email protected] and a [email protected](all within 10 minutes or so) and decided to put it back on ice. I couldn't stay long but I did throw ice on the intake and walked around while Mike was running. I had to chat with the guy who brought a 6.0 GTO that he was icing down since before I we got there. He said he has run a best 13.3 and did back it up shortly there after with a [email protected] fresh off a big cool down. He said they suffer from heat soak just like we do. He also asked how the hell I kept going faster during all my runs:) By this time Mike was back in the pits with the ice back on and I had time for a couple more runs. My car cooled down to 170 at startup and was at 175 degrees for my next run.

2:11 pm
[email protected]* my best ever e.t. and mph!

2:17 pm - back up at 188 degrees
[email protected]

2:23 pm
[email protected]

After that run I figured it was time to go, it was my wife's 30th birthday and I was taking her out to eat - not a bad way to start the day :)

On my way home Mike calls me and tells me he just ran a [email protected] in his Charger!!! He had his temp down to 140 in the staging lanes and cut a 1.98 60ft. time!!! I wonder if he was close to limp mode on that one with the cold temp?

That's all for now, just another SRT8 owner in search of that first 12, hopefully it will come this fall. Oh, other than the t-stat and 25-cent mod, my only mod is an AFE Stage 2 intake.

Eric

·
Registered
410 Posts
Good write up Eric...

I can't wait to take my charger to the track ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.