Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was a great day, I finally received my wheels that I custom ordered from Bryan (RockNBling) at ID Luxury wheels. Bryan did a great job meeting my needs and requests. He also answered all my e mails and PMs (probably got sick of me :D) about asking for updates on my wheels. Hey I was over excited as anyone would be HAHA! They were more than I wanted to spend, this is a true case of you get what you pay for.

Its hard to tell in the pics but the wheel has a flat black face/center and a flat black inner wheel. The lips are gloss black. I wanted this combo because Big Slick is a combo of gloss/flat black.

The only small hickup is I didn't get my TPM sensors because Bryan's vendor was backordered. But why is it when I put the wheels and tires on and drove it home I was still getting a PSI reading? Was it the old PSI from the stock wheels? I know it wasn't receiving a signal because the tires were left at work and as I drove home it never changed? Oh well. I also did an oil change and that was a huge PITA! The stock filter kicked my booty, but its all good and Im in love with my car again. Thanks Bryan and ID Luxury wheels!!!!

Here are some quick pics, I will post better ones tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... ya the all black wheel really gives the car the added badass/tough mean look that I love about the Charger SRT8. I dont care for the blingly cute look. I've thought about powdercoating my Suburban wheels flat black as well as the billet grill.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bryan, I'll try and get some pics today at work and then maybe after work I'll go take some fall style shots down at the park or something.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
great choice of wheels........I have had mine for a year now and no problems....

I was thinking of powdercoating the lips black and leaving the centers brushed aluminum on mine...but the all black look is awesome......

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
great choice of wheels........I have had mine for a year now and no problems....

I was thinking of powdercoating the lips black and leaving the centers brushed aluminum on mine...but the all black look is awesome......
Thanks! What size tires are you running on yourset? I find that going over expansion bumps is much louder and noticable than with the stock wheels. Thats obviously due to the reduced sidewall, something I'll get used too.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks! What size tires are you running on yourset? I find that going over expansion bumps is much louder and noticable than with the stock wheels. Thats obviously due to the reduced sidewall, something I'll get used too.
i am running Nitto 420s 295/30/22 rear and 265/35/22 fronts. They are a bit taller than yours as I wanted some meat between the rim and tire. the only problem is with this size, I get occational rubbing in the front driver side on big bumps..... I am going to roll the fender to aviod this...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am running Nitto 420s 295/30/22 rear and 265/35/22 fronts. They are a bit taller than yours as I wanted some meat between the rim and tire. the only problem is with this size, I get occational rubbing in the front driver side on big bumps..... I am going to roll the fender to aviod this...
When I had a 2 passengers in there during lunch it rubbed a lil on mine too. But hes a big boy (330ish) and his bro is pretty big too (220) so far when its just me no problems. But I'm going to find someone to roll the fenders on my car as well.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really. Have you checked the pricing of 26" tires alone?
it all depends on what brand wheel you go with. The other day my friends shop got a fax for some 26s that were like 4000 for wheels and tires! im doing some research cuz I may buy a SRT10 in the spring and I want to put 26s on it. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dude, that car looks SICK! I love the all blacked out look. MEAN!!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.