Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a build-up on the inside of their coolant tank?
Darker than the coolant and looking a dirty bath tub ring?

I took it to the dealer last week for it's 18k oil change and told them about the build-up.
We couldnt open the tank becasue the engine was hot.
I hjad to leave it there and pick it up after hours becaue of a buisness trip.
But they called and said that there couldnt see anythng inside the tank..

The pic is wht I swabbed from the inside surface...

Opinions?

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have noticed some gunk along the edge of the water level. It is not that dark in color. The stuff in mine is much whiter and about the consistency of vaseline. I forgot to mention it to the service center when I had it in. Drat!

Since it wasn't in the water as far as I could tell, I didn't sweat it too much.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
i have this problem. some type of residue in the resivoir?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Same here. Looked like a film of applesauce.
I gave the dealer the TSB for the coolant gunk but they said my car was not part of the TSB but they added the "treatment/additive" anyway. Cleared it up and looks like new.

I told them I would rather fix it now before it gets really bad and possible do damage to the system.

I have noticed slightly more respect from the dealer when they know you are proactive on maintenance and keep a clean ride.

-GB

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Same here. Looked like a film of applesauce.
I gave the dealer the TSB for the coolant gunk but they said my car was not part of the TSB but they added the "treatment/additive" anyway. Cleared it up and looks like new.

I told them I would rather fix it now before it gets really bad and possible do damage to the system.

I have noticed slightly more respect from the dealer when they know you are proactive on maintenance and keep a clean ride.

-GB
i have the same gunk - not that bad though and will have my dealership check it out on my next oil change... the tsb's are for the 6.1 and 3.5 engine but i'm still having it with my 5.7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts