Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to think of a good name that fits my car (yeah, I'm one of those guys where the car has to have a name...), just kind of seeing what sticks. I was hoping to give it some sort of regal, boat like name, like Grand Deceptor or something, but in the end, my wife came up with the name that sticks. Certainly isn't my first choice...but it does fit.

Meet: OPRAH! (as seen after the wedding)

So the story is this, we did our "minimoon" (a short trip to be followed by a full honeymoon in the Caribbean or something this summer) in Eureka Springs, AR and rented a secluded cabin on a lake. They weren't kidding when they said secluded...skinny dirt/gravel roads, very steep, potholes everywhere. One point I missed a pothole and slammed down onto the frame of the car, thankfully it hit that and took the force rather than the door or bumper or sheetmetal...

Anyways, the wife was all nervous we would get stuck and I made the comment something like "She's a big ol' girl, but she's strong and powerful! She doesn't need any help." And the wife said: "Like Oprah! Your car is now Oprah."

So the whole trip when we took the windy, steep roads, we'd both be like "C'mon Oprah!" and other stuff like "And YOU get passed, and YOU get passed, and YOU get passed!" :)

And there it stuck.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,475 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great story! Never heard of a car named Oprah. But hey, it seems to work. :bigthumb:

PS: I love those cabins up at Eureka Springs. I take the wife up there for romantic getaways now and then. And if you get one with no view except for the trees, it's pretty cheap too. ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I give all of my vehicles general human names, never really anything over-the-top. They're usually kinda odd though. :p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just like the name of the Presidential limo - I call my 2015 Black SRT Challenger "The Beast" :beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts