Charger Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes we have our own opinions which makes this forum great!
I prefer my old school 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 sedan with manual transmission and my 1986 5.0 Mustang GT fastback with T-tops and manual transmission.
These newer mustangs don’t do it for me. Challenger to me looks good from the outside but is not a family car but my Charger is definitely a keeper. It has some flaws like all manufacturers but looks and performance is the best IMO.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
4,269 Posts

I liked the design of the GT 350 and 500 because the headlights tilted upwards towards the side...
I couldnt figure it out at first that one small change made a huge difference imo

But still, nothing beats this design (for me):

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
13 and 14 were the better of the Mustang S197 retro design. I liked my 06 for the purity of the retro style, but think my 12 is mediocre compared to the 13-14.

But for the coolness factor the Charger still has it.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
13 and 14 were the better of the Mustang S197 retro design. I liked my 06 for the purity of the retro style, but think my 12 is mediocre compared to the 13-14.

But for the coolness factor the Charger still has it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

I like the 2014 model as well. Very beefy looking, and I liked the taillights.

This here is probably my favorite of all time.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: Koron and neil4224

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm with you on that.
The current design is hideous.

The previous design I actually liked a lot:
I agree
I'm with you on that.

I agree, but the story is a little mixed up here.. For one, we are looking at either a 1SS or a 2SS in comparison with a ZL1 1LE. The ZL1 could be new (it is at least current body style), but the pictured 1SS/2SS is not. The bowtie in the black bar was the refresh for 2019 and proved to be a flop. The fans threw a fit and Chevy immediately “corrected” for the future years. The most current Camaro does not look quite like that, unless you are looking at the ZL1’s (which again is pictured above & is current, not previous). The ZL1 never did receive a big redesign since the initial 6th generation was introduced.

·
Registered
358 Posts
View attachment 301091
I like the 2014 model as well. Very beefy looking, and I liked the taillights.

This here is probably my favorite of all time.
View attachment 301092
Agreed! I thought those taillights were awesome when first introduced. I remember drooling at them for quite awhile. I’ve always liked Mustangs but they’ve been too reserved/bland for me to purchase. Unless you get into the higher dollar range, the GT’s just don’t do it for me. Good enough cars, just not exciting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put a Corsa exhaust on it. Those 5.0s make a unique sound through them that is addictive. I had one on my s550 and now on current SP. Scat sounds good but the 5.0 was a whole 'nother level.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Current Mustang is Ho hum dime a dozen. I tried it and Tall guy like myself at my age it’s no joy getting in and out of the cockpit.

Widebody Charger feels just right and the looks definitely turns a lot of heads.

OPs Charger build was likely within the next two weeks. I think he pulled the rip cord too early but if you had a Challenger I can understand trying something else. I wouldn’t be caught dead in a Mini Cooper though:p

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts
Yes we have our own opinions which makes this forum great!
I prefer my old school 1988 Mustang LX 5.0 sedan with manual transmission and my 1986 5.0 Mustang GT fastback with T-tops and manual transmission.
These newer mustangs don’t do it for me. Challenger to me looks good from the outside but is not a family car but my Charger is definitely a keeper. It has some flaws like all manufacturers but looks and performance is the best IMO.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus
My 1st Mustang was my 1985 GT with T-tops. Those cars are worth money now with T-tops even if in bad shape.

Reactions: watersupply189

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 1st Mustang was my 1985 GT with T-tops. Those cars are worth money now with T-tops even if in bad shape.
I so wish I had kept my 1986 GT. Red with red interior.
I had it for a few years and sold it with just 16k miles on it. It never seen wet roads and was just as clean under it as the top.
The stupid things I did as a young kid. Lol

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ummmm, my GT500 and Mach1looked way better than the Challenger for sure!!! I will admit the Charger (which I own) is the best looking 4 door American made car. View attachment 301086 View attachment 301087
nice stang gt500 I will say don’t think they look better than a challenger especially a Widebody it takes the car to another level I have one looks meaner and more pissed off than the skinny tho no hate just mopar or no 🚗 car 😂

·
Registered
2 Posts
As the title says, my Charger Scat Pack WB Order is officially cancelled as of today. The order had been languishing in limbo (D1 status) for six weeks due to all the Brampton production stoppages and I just didn't feel like waiting any longer.

So I am now the owner of a new 2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium in Antimatter blue with all the bells and whistles.

This is not the end of my MOPAR adventure though. I worked a deal at home that says if I drive the Mustang for six months (or until we sell the house in Mississippi, whichever is longer) I can trade it in for either a Charger Hellcat, Jeep Rubicon 392 or a Durango SRT (I would be too terrified of the Durango Hellcat). Of course, I might go crazy and get a Camaro ZL1 just because I've never owned a Camaro...but that is a remote possibility.

View attachment 301040
Nice car but the widebody would have been worth the wait I suggest you get a hellcat widebody my dealer wants to buy my 392 widebody 6 speed back because of the demand but stangs are good cars the 5.0 gives the hemi a run for the money performance wise sound wise( after market for a gt stock the active exhaust for the hemi sounds wicked and a whole lot more. Good luck drive like you stole and enjoy 😉

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
80 Posts
I'm with you on that.

I love my Charger (even if it is just a 3.6 😂).
But, I have always loved the Camaro, except for the 80’s. If it wasn’t for my wife, I would be driving one now.

Reactions: POWERMAN
21 - 35 of 35 Posts