Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, my Charger Scat Pack WB Order is officially cancelled as of today. The order had been languishing in limbo (D1 status) for six weeks due to all the Brampton production stoppages and I just didn't feel like waiting any longer.

So I am now the owner of a new 2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium in Antimatter blue with all the bells and whistles.

This is not the end of my MOPAR adventure though. I worked a deal at home that says if I drive the Mustang for six months (or until we sell the house in Mississippi, whichever is longer) I can trade it in for either a Charger Hellcat, Jeep Rubicon 392 or a Durango SRT (I would be too terrified of the Durango Hellcat). Of course, I might go crazy and get a Camaro ZL1 just because I've never owned a Camaro...but that is a remote possibility.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I think you'll like the Mustang. They are nice cars if you don't need the back seat too often. Good luck!

Best,

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Nice looking car.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Sorry things didn't work out with the Scat Pack order but you ended up with a very nice Mustang. Congratulations.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts
As the title says, my Charger Scat Pack WB Order is officially cancelled as of today. The order had been languishing in limbo (D1 status) for six weeks due to all the Brampton production stoppages and I just didn't feel like waiting any longer.

So I am now the owner of a new 2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium in Antimatter blue with all the bells and whistles.

This is not the end of my MOPAR adventure though. I worked a deal at home that says if I drive the Mustang for six months (or until we sell the house in Mississippi, whichever is longer) I can trade it in for either a Charger Hellcat, Jeep Rubicon 392 or a Durango SRT (I would be too terrified of the Durango Hellcat). Of course, I might go crazy and get a Camaro ZL1 just because I've never owned a Camaro...but that is a remote possibility.

View attachment 301040
Antimatter Blue is amazing. Changes colors depending on lighting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But you didn’t want the Mustang at first so didn’t you kinda settle?
The first car I wanted was the Camaro (but the interior sucked), then I wanted a Mustang GT (but could not find one with magneride) and then I decided on the Charger. Charger would have been an earlier choice but I just owned a Challenger.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Congrats....I did wonder how you could have had a Mopar dealer write up a legal sale contract "without" stipulating you will be getting a 2021 or 2022....Sooo, Happy ending..!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The first car I wanted was the Camaro (but the interior sucked), then I wanted a Mustang GT (but could not find one with magneride) and then I decided on the Charger. Charger would have been an earlier choice but I just owned a Challenger.
Ahhh got it. Hope you enjoy the Mustang. Nice car but that infotainment screen is terrible (for me).

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts
Ahhh got it. Hope you enjoy the Mustang. Nice car but that infotainment screen is terrible (for me).
The Sync 3 is not bad at all. Sync 2 sucked.

That said, I LOVE the screen and options in my Charger

Reactions: Koron

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,371 Posts
It's a nice car. God luck with it. They build very nicely for the dragstrip

·
Registered
2018 Charger SXT
72 Posts

View attachment 301040
Hey Yankee, as a Mopar owner Im not trying to knock your purchase, because Mustangs do run and perform good. I just wish Ford would hire designers that know what muscle car looks like, because in my opinion they have lost it the last few body generations. This is coming from someone that had mustangs in the past.

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts
Hey Yankee, as a Mopar owner Im not trying to knock your purchase, because Mustangs do run and perform good. I just wish Ford would hire designers that know what muscle car looks like, because in my opinion they have lost it the last few body generations. This is coming from someone that had mustangs in the past.
Ummmm, my GT500 and Mach1looked way better than the Challenger for sure!!! I will admit the Charger (which I own) is the best looking 4 door American made car.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: Koron

·
Registered
2018 Charger SXT
72 Posts
Ummmm, my GT500 and Mach1looked way better than the Challenger for sure!!! I will admit the Charger (which I own) is the best looking 4 door American made car. View attachment 301086 View attachment 301087
Ummmm, my GT500 and Mach1looked way better than the Challenger for sure!!! I will admit the Charger (which I own) is the best looking 4 door American made car. View attachment 301086 View attachment 301087
I do think the Cobras front end looks much better than the GT/Mach. I think for me its all about that oval front. But to each his own right. Enjoy your ride

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks are subjective...I do prefer the MOPAR cars from the front But I prefer the Mustang from the rear. Too be fair, on the outside the Camaro destroys them both. BTW, the Mustang is actually a Pony/Sports car.

·
Registered
2020 Charger ScatPack WB
37 Posts
Looks are subjective...I do prefer the MOPAR cars from the front But I prefer the Mustang from the rear. Too be fair, on the outside the Camaro destroys them both. BTW, the Mustang is actually a Pony/Sports car.
Opinions........ we all have our own. Personally for me when I was shopping the market for a 2 door V8, I literally spent enough time to walk around the Camaro and then open the door and look inside and walked back to my car. Camaro. was ugly from all angles and the interior is terrible. The Challenger was good looking from the front and sides but the rear is ugly. Interior was good though but car just didn't trip my trigger.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I think the new Camaro is hideous.

The Mustang is a nice car, but I think the last good looking one was the 2014. The new ones look like a catfish. Very odd styling.

The Challenger has looked basically the same since 2008 and IMO still looks the best.

It's good we all have our own opinions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts